Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Brighton] Spitfire

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Can’t find a thread on here, but someone will point us at one, but wasn’t it fantastic seeing the Spit do a victory roll over the Amex just after half time and then waggle it’s wings on the way back towards woodingdean direction

Looks like it was a Spit with invasion stripes.

Was bloody magnificent. I know a couple of people in the east stand upper who missed it

BLOCK F

Feb 26, 2009
We are lucky down here on the coast near Chichester, we see a Spitfire most weeks In the summer.
You can hear the Merlin engine before you can see the aircraft.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Can’t find a thread on here, but someone will point us at one, but wasn’t it fantastic seeing the Spit do a victory roll over the Amex just after half time and then waggle it’s wings on the way back towards woodingdean direction

Was bloody magnificent. I know a couple of people in the east stand upper who missed it

Great to see…..also saw a pair over Seaford on Friday morning. Seems to be plenty about still willing to pay £4500 for the privilege.

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
We are lucky down here on the coast near Chichester, we see a Spitfire most weeks In the summer.

I spent two years working in Chi in an office above a factory with giant windows looking north, abou9t a mile south of Goodwood airfield, we also live within crashlanding distance of Shoreham, so we see lots of lovely old flying crates.

Silverhatch

Feb 23, 2009
Preston Park
My bro did the Goodwood Spit experience. Mark IX with the two stage supercharged Merlin. Said the rate of climb was insane and if you touched the stick the thing’d just swap sides/ends. The E-type of the skies. Gorgeous & deadly.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA

Make that three

HAILSHAM SEAGULL

Nov 9, 2009
There is one that does trips over the Channel two or three times most days.
Takes off from Biggin Hill, over Crowborough and Hailsham before flying down the Cuckmere at Alfriston to France.
As others say, you can hear the Merlin engines well before they appear and its a truly wonderful sight and sound.

crookie

Jun 14, 2013
Back in Sussex
There is one that does trips over the Channel two or three times most days.
Takes off from Biggin Hill, over Crowborough and Hailsham before flying down the Cuckmere at Alfriston to France.
As others say, you can hear the Merlin engines well before they appear and its a truly wonderful sight and sound.
I live in Crowborough, seen it a few times when walking the dog in the country park, sounds and looks fantastic

Sent from my SM-G991B using Tapatalk

deslynhamsmoustache1

Apr 25, 2010
RAF Tangmere

As I'm about 4 seconds flying time from Goodwood I see them virtually everyday and I still rush out to see - as my wife just sits ambivalent with eyes rolling.
We get Stearmans, Havards and tiger moths. All wasted on the other half.:eek:

essbee1

Jun 25, 2014
We live near Biggin Hill. They do trips out every day for a few grand if you have it in Spitfires and Hurricanes.
So we see them on a fairly regular basis. The sound and look still inspires in every way.

Madafwo

I'm probably being facetious.
Nov 11, 2013
Regularly hear it out in Peacehaven as G-ILDA heads from Goodwood to Beachy Head, without fail I'll head out and watch.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat

It was mentioned on the match thread, as another highlight of the day. The pilot was obviously a Brighton fan.
I did see a photo on twitter but the actual plane looks like a black blob, as whoever took the photo on their phone couldn’t zoom in enough.
It was great to see it and hear it, and I reckon the North stand had the best view.

Invicta

NSC Patron
Nov 1, 2013
Kent
Missed that too. Theres a 2 seater "Spirit of Kent" Spitfire that I see regularly that has d.day stripes on.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here