Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] Spectacular display at Preston Park this evening..

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Getting match fit with the U23s.
That's what I thought, but I didn't know his surgery had failed, which made me think he wouldn't be back soon. Did they say the surgery failed months ago?

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
That's what I thought, but I didn't know his surgery had failed, which made me think he wouldn't be back soon. Did they say the surgery failed months ago?

I presume they knew when he still got a slight reaction. The Argus article the other day wasn't clear on the detail. I presume he can play but it could break down again as it hasn't been dealt with permanently.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
I presume they knew when he still got a slight reaction. The Argus article the other day wasn't clear on the detail. I presume he can play but it could break down again as it hasn't been dealt with permanently.

Is that why he missed this weeks under 23 match?

must admit i never saw anything that said the surgery wasn't a success...but then until he starts playing at full whack they don't know

Spicy

We're going up.
Dec 18, 2003
London
I just hope they didn't bring poor Sam Baldock. He'd only suffer some sort of allergic reaction to candy floss, or a perforated ear drum from a carelessly discarded rookie, resulting in another four months out :nono:

(To be clear: I love Sam Baldock, but he does seem to be very unfortunate when it comes to getting hurt)

Probably right Edna, but he did manage to jump up and down enthusiastically to celebrate our promotion and crowd surf. Fit enough to do that, fit enough to kick a ball IMO :smile:

Spicy

We're going up.
Dec 18, 2003
London
Harsh on Baldock who had surgery in the summer to try to cure his calf problem, which hasn't worked. Maybe have a go at the surgeon instead.

Sorry to hear that and had replied to another post before reading this. I wish Sam all the best for a speedy recovery.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Is that why he missed this weeks under 23 match?

must admit i never saw anything that said the surgery wasn't a success...but then until he starts playing at full whack they don't know

CH has said he'll either play tomorrow night for the U23s or be in the squad for Swansea.

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ

Just to give a little more detail of what has been said recently; in the Argus of September 30 Chris Hughton was quoted:-

Every now and again there is one that takes longer than we thought it was going to be and that's the case with Sam. But he's training now. He's trained the last week with us. I think he will be one we will probably have to end up fast-tracking a little but, because up until now he hasn't played a game or had a pre-season.

In the Argus of October 18 Baldock himself said:-

We worked so hard over the previous two seasons to get ourselves promoted and everyone at the club, no-one more than myself, was looking forward to this Premier League season. Being an observer for the first few months has been heartbreaking. I have been more determined than ever to get back fit and get back in the squad. There is a lot of quality around, so it’s not going to be easy. I’ve had ongoing calf problems going back for probably five or six years. We tried to put an end to it in the summer, so I had a minor operation and I am not sure that particularly worked, due to no fault of anyone else. It didn’t seem to be the solution, so it was almost back to the drawing board and start again, which was a very frustrating time, mentally draining as well as physically. It’s really pleasing to get back out there.......One seems to be worse than the other, but we think we have found a way forward now and hopefully I can stay fit. It comes and goes, but we weren't quite sure why it was going and then coming back. It spans over a few different clubs, so a few different people have had looks at it and it's still a little bit of a mystery. I think I am in good hands now and really positive going forward.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
I knew who you meant, very interesting guy

I listened to him once on 5live and they were nominating their footballing hero, his choice was his Dad who had watched every single professional football match he had played apart from the one when his sister decided to get married during the football season.

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here