Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Cricket] ***Specsavers CC Div 2, Durham CCC v Sussex CCC, Chester-le-Street, 10-13 Sept 2018***

Garry Nelson's teacher

May 11, 2015
Bloody Worthing!
Sad to see that the Argus has news of the death of Alon Oakman, country stalwart of the 50s and 60s. I only just caught the end of his career and one of the joys was to see him at 6' 6'batting with Ken Suttle who was about a foot shorter.

Oakman also took part in the Laker (19 wickets) Test Match in 1956.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Fair play to Rushworth, he bowled through 13 overs unchanged, 8 for 51. Hopefully it'll be in a losing cause.

Middx now 6 down, their lead less than 100. Start the car...

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto
Durham LEAD. That's how it will stay.

23/0

luppers

Aug 10, 2008
Didim, Turkey
Sad to see that the Argus has news of the death of Alon Oakman, country stalwart of the 50s and 60s. I only just caught the end of his career and one of the joys was to see him at 6' 6'batting with Ken Suttle who was about a foot shorter.

Oakman also took part in the Laker (19 wickets) Test Match in 1956.

I loved a game for a bit of fun they came out to bat wearing each others jumpers and caps. How Oakman gor Suttles jumper on I will never know ! RIP Alan

jakarta

May 25, 2007
Sullington
I loved a game for a bit of fun they came out to bat wearing each others jumpers and caps. How Oakman gor Suttles jumper on I will never know ! RIP Alan

One of my favourite sights of the noughties was watching Mushy and RMJ batting together, think the height difference was even larger!

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
At 139/2 Durham must be thinking they're either on parity or just ahead now. Need some wickets quickly.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
I can't believe we bowled them out for 103 and have thrown it away, and at the same time I can believe it.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here