Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Sparta Prague - info?

Craven Wine

Apr 29, 2012
I'm going to the picturesque city next month with my eldest, I noticed that the above mentioned are playing Teplice - any advice welcome! especially which stands may be a little too hectic... etc? being a bit of a woose!???

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Not that I can help you on this specifically but we are going there half-term

Podolski

Nov 2, 2009
I went in April to see Sparta. Sectors D55-D51 are a good place to sit. Your adjacent to the Ultra's so get to admire their support whilst sitting in a relaxed section who still join in the singing. (Bit like the lower west at the Amex I suppose)

Very easy to get tickets, hardly ever sell out except for derbies. Email the club office, they were very helpful when we went zcentrum@sparta.cz

daveinprague

Oct 1, 2009
Prague, Czech Republic
Funnily enough, I passed the stadium last night. Not my normal part of town. Huge brawl last week when Banik Ostrava showed up, but Teplice should be fairly safe. Ive only ever been once during my early 'trying to support Zizkov Vicktoria', so was just stuck with the away fans.. but I just gave up with Czech football, so cant really help with the best seating. Think quite a few board members have been who should be able to help.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
I went 7 years ago to see them beat Brno 4-2 and there were 4 away fans - yes 4.
You could get a pint and a hot dog for a quid but the weather was flipping cold -8 . After 20 minutes of the match the entire crowd walked out (into the outside concourse) and sang there for the rest of the half, apparently it was to do with the sacking of the manager. Nice ground, good support and excellant sausages.
Oh and my lounge is bigger than their club house.

Czechmate

Oct 5, 2011
Brno Czech Republic
Been to see Brno 6 times this season , should be no problem watching Sparta , 2 weeks ago went to Olomouc , smoke bombs thrown by fans into beneath our stand , just clouds of smoke most of the game , then they started throwing crockery down on us , flares going off and fires started . At the end Brno's Ultra's fighting toe to toe with the stewards , riot police not doing anything , wanted to get at the Olomouc Ultra's . Interesting ??? Ostrava next week away , probably the worst two sets of supporters , so going to kick off without a doubt . Brighton playing at home that day so can't make it.

Craven Wine

Apr 29, 2012
I went in April to see Sparta. Sectors D55-D51 are a good place to sit. Your adjacent to the Ultra's so get to admire their support whilst sitting in a relaxed section who still join in the singing. (Bit like the lower west at the Amex I suppose)

Very easy to get tickets, hardly ever sell out except for derbies. Email the club office, they were very helpful when we went zcentrum@sparta.cz

Thanks all, BTW [MENTION=14892]Podolski[/MENTION] did you just reserve your tickets and pick up on the day or what's the routine? I'm looking forward to initiating my son to the delicacy of dumplings (knedliky) a fond memory from 20 odd years ago and their version of Guinness (cerne pivo)... The trip is meant to be a birthday treat for him as son no. 1 has a bent for the architecture - Charles castle an all that, but squeezing in a footie game is too good to miss! Na zdravi...

StillHateBellotti

Jun 17, 2011
Eastbourne
Used to go quite a bit to Sparta as the ex-wife was from just outside Prague and the local wild ones initiated me in to Sparta Pargue, remember a derby about 8 years ago! Chaos........... For this game you should be able to rock up on the day and get a ticket. Been a few years since ive been but you can get a ticket from the stadium ticket office which i think was next to the smallest supporters club ever. Most of the ground is o.k and there should not be any trouble. Don't buy from a tout....... enjoy the knedliky, and cerna pivo good i miss the Czech beer..................

Tickets - AC Sparta Praha should give you all of the info you need. Can get tickets at certain shops in town aswell.

I went 7 years ago to see them beat Brno 4-2 and there were 4 away fans - yes 4.

funny enough I saw Brno play there about 10 years ago, there was a good couple of hundred Brno fans, singing and jumping around all match despite being on the wrong end of a six-nil. No issues with tickets just turned up and bought from a booth at the ground. Paid the higher rate (about £3!) and that was enough to keep us in a diffrent section from the skinheads, there was no hint of trouble though. If my drunken memory's correct it's a nice little ground a bit like Millwalls and I believe we walked from the main tourist area albeit up a lot of steps to the top a hill

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here