Sparrow

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Gordon the Gopher

Jul 16, 2003
Hove
Read a lot of the reviews of last night and I was there and am surprised no-one has mentioned his absence as a factor. I feel he has really made us tick in the last few games and we definitely lacked his box to box movement as well as his shooting from the edge.
Also, without raking up all that's been said about Gus getting it wrong in midfield especially, I would have played Reyes at right back but brought in Forster Caskey in front of Navarro and Bridcutt. Is he suddenly out of the picture again?

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
Definitely missed Sparrow last night, he's been a revelation this year. Macs has earnt his place but Forster Caskey will be back in eventually I'm sure.

JBizzle

Apr 18, 2010
Seaford
Most bizarre selection of the season for me. Almost everyone around me thought I was joking when I read out the line-up from Twitter.

The concensus being: "yeah, Twitter, whatever, Gus isn't going to play three defevsive midfileders at home!?"

I agree entirely on the Sparrow front. Definately missed and as for JFC, not sure where he is at the moment. Says a heck of a lot about Harley's position in the squad though don't you think? (Not a criticism of Harley btw, just speculation on his status)

Lord Bamber

Legendary Chairman
Feb 23, 2009
Heaven
I think the fact people were bemoaning a poor midfield would be obvious we were missing Sparrow, it is no surprise our upturn in form has been down to him. Navs was there though and so was Bridcutt, was it just a case of bad day at the office?

The choice of Reyes was a strange one. Why was JFC not playing?

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
The choice of Reyes was a strange one. Why was JFC not playing?

I guess Gus just wanted to see what he looked like there ... he suggested as much in his post match and his tone suggested he wouldn't be trying it again any time soon. But it was odd all the same

Lord Bamber

Legendary Chairman
Feb 23, 2009
Heaven
I guess Gus just wanted to see what he looked like there ... he suggested as much in his post match and his tone suggested he wouldn't be trying it again any time soon. But it was odd all the same

Im glad he wont be trying it again soon and sometimes experiments have to be made.

Monkey Man

Your support is not that great
Jan 30, 2005
Neither here nor there
If you're going to experiment, it might as well be at home, with 48 points in the bag, most of the squad fit, and against a team in the lower reaches. I suspect Gus learned some important things from the game.

Ⓩ-Ⓐ-Ⓜ-Ⓞ-Ⓡ-Ⓐ

Hove / Παρος
Apr 7, 2006
Hove / Παρος
Lots of people on here having been saying for ages we should try Reyes in midfield. Gus tried it last night and it didn't work out, but it was a logical experiment and to be fair one that a lot of fans wanted to try. I still wouldn't rule out having Reyes in midfield with Bridcutt as long as someone like Vicente or Sparrow was in there as well

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports