Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Spare a thought for The Major...

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
I do envy your crowds though , your the best supported club outside the top flight !

Outside of the top flight!! What about inside the top flight? Tinpot outfits like Norwich City, Fulham and Stoke would give Delia, Al Fayed and Nick Hancock respectively for our crowds, as Gary Chivers sanely points out in this recent BBC interview:

Former Brighton defender Gary Chivers, who played for the Albion between 1988 and 1993, says that chairman Tony Bloom's desire to see the club improve gradually rather than go all-out for promotion to the top flight is the right approach.
"The chairman has backed the club to the hilt," Chivers said.
"He's done it in such a good way and has dealt with all the politics brilliantly.
"Maybe we're not moving fast enough for Gus. It may be a lack of communication between the pair of them.
"If Gus feels he needs to move on where is he going to go to?
"The only place is the Premier League and some of those clubs are not as big as Brighton & Hove Albion.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Could you have a word with your sources for us and clarify the situation , Bridders would be a useful addition to the squad .

My source has gone "dark". The repercussions of "poogate" means reliable gossip has dried up and all most of us are left with now is chinese whispers.

Dougie

Jan 11, 2012
My source has gone "dark". The repercussions of "poogate" means reliable gossip has dried up and all most of us are left with now is chinese whispers.

How convenient soggy :smile: this could well be a goer ( from my source )

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Can't see Tony selling such a popular player as Liam Bridcutt to Crystal Palace to be honest, but might be wrong I suppose.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Can't see Tony selling such a popular player as Liam Bridcutt to Crystal Palace to be honest, but might be wrong I suppose.

If Palace come up with the asking price it will be up to Liam to decide whether or not he wants to go.

Dougie

Jan 11, 2012
Well let's hope the asking price is reflective of the Premier League multimillions Palace now have :lolol:

We will only pay what we think he is worth , I reckon £3 m tops .

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here