Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Spanish striker

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
If there are other Championship clubs in for him then we've got no chance as we can't/won't compete with the wages they will offer.

Given we outspend most of the Championship in terms of our wage bills (reports indicate we're in the top 10 or thereabouts) then we can.

Postman Pat

Jul 24, 2007
Coldean
I only quickly read the article, but didn't Spanish Dave reckon this senor would do better in the championship ?

David Rodriguez was here with Oscar. Spanish Dave is David Lopez.

Here is the quote from the article:

The former under-19 international is currently three goals behind former Seagulls striker David Rodriguez.

But ex-Albion midfielder David Lopez is among those who believe Enrich, who is 5ft 11in, is better suited than some of his more slightly built compatriots to the demands of the Championship.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
David Rodriguez was here with Oscar. Spanish Dave is David Lopez.

OK, I've had to dig out the quote from the article...

"But ex-Albion midfielder David Lopez is among those who believe Enrich, who is 5ft 11in, is better suited than some of his more slightly built compatriots to the demands of the Championship. "

StonehamPark

#Brighton-Nil
Oct 30, 2010
BC, Canada
I hate to be negative, but if we were to sign this 5ft 11in striker, we'd lump him upfront on his tod and wast a few £million in doing so.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
I know this is revolutionary but could we consider playing 2 strikers as strikers up top? Works for successful teams in our league, so why not? Assuming this guy is a number 9, maybe Sam B could play as a number 10 off of him?

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
I know this is revolutionary but could we consider playing 2 strikers as strikers up top? Works for successful teams in our league, so why not? Assuming this guy is a number 9, maybe Sam B could play as a number 10 off of him?

exactly this

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Get Inigo on the phone to him.
It's even easier than that.

The club just has to point to Bolton on a map, then a picture of Ulloa.

If a shaved monkey could work out the best move from that, I'm sure even a footballer can.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
The Argus article states 'The former under-19 international is currently three goals behind former Seagulls striker David Rodriguez.'

Why do we think he could score goals for us?

Here is the quote from the article:

The former under-19 international is currently three goals behind former Seagulls striker David Rodriguez.

But ex-Albion midfielder David Lopez is among those who believe Enrich, who is 5ft 11in, is better suited than some of his more slightly built compatriots to the demands of the Championship.

It still doesn't negate my question of why we think he could score goals for us. Ulloa was the top scorer in his league. Being taller doesn't necessarily mean he would score goals when he's three behind Rodriguez.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
In the top 20 of English home attendances yet can't compete with other championship clubs when it comes to recruitment?

Careful, you're asking for a ChaileyJem attack in defence of our club...

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton

Common Sense Alert!

BAN

Monsieur Le Plonk

Lethargy in motion
Apr 22, 2009
By a lake
It's really quite amazing how little belief in our NEW scouting team there is from NSC's finest.
The old team was tosh so our Chairman got rid. New team is in place and our first opportunity to see the fruits of their labour will be in the next few months.
Depressing bunch of old gits on this site sometimes.

jgmcdee

Mar 25, 2012
Okay that's weird: I signed him a week ago in my Football Manager 2015 restart of the 2014/15 season. Turned out to be very good for me.

Wondering if I should now sell details of the rest of my players: sitting happy at the top of the championship at the moment.

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Given we outspend most of the Championship in terms of our wage bills (reports indicate we're in the top 10 or thereabouts) then we can.

In 2012/13 Brighton’s wages of £21.1 million were the 8th highest in the Championship. Two of the three promoted clubs that season had far higher wage bills (Cardiff City £32.8 million and Hull City £25.9 million), though in fairness Crystal Palace (gulp) managed to go up on lower wages (£18.8 million). It is worth noting that many of the clubs that have reported 2013/14 results to date have also cut their wage bills, e.g. Blackburn Rovers, Birmingham City, Ipswich Town and Watford.

Phat Baz 68

Get a ****ing life mate !
Apr 16, 2011
If we cannot outdo Bolton we might aswell give up

Exactly a feckin Northern Monkey side with awful crowd attendances, no better a position in the world of football fame than Albion are.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here