Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Spanish pre-season tour

Surf's Up

Jul 17, 2011
Here
I've got a friend who has worked for Pompey and knows lots of people there and he reckons they want to play us but there's some sort of hassle due to them playing Gibralter. I don't know all the political stuff and I don't know why that would matter anyway, does the Spanish FA have any say over friendlies between two foreign sides on their soil?

Spanish FA won't let any Spanish team have anything to do with them if they've played here in Gib - been that way since 1704 I'm afraid!

Seagull in Spain

Feb 17, 2012
Estepona Spain
I contacted the club about games and they emailed me to say they have just spoken to their agant down here ib Spain and they are hopeful of announcing at least 1 game in the next few days..............................lets wait and see!!!

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
I contacted the club about games and they emailed me to say they have just spoken to their agant down here ib Spain and they are hopeful of announcing at least 1 game in the next few days..............................lets wait and see!!!

The agent is Gary Hobson. I might have mentioned that before.

Why organise a package when there is in fact no actual match sorted though?

That does seem a bit odd. Although it's not much more than a distraction to the drinking, I would be a bit perplexed if I'd booked up and there weren't any games at all.

Re the packages, the people that usually go on them are the geeks that will bug the players on the plane, stalk them at the hotel and go to all the training sessions, so they'll be happy whatever.

Craig4004

Aug 30, 2011
Peacehaven
That does seem a bit odd. Although it's not much more than a distraction to the drinking, I would be a bit perplexed if I'd booked up and there weren't any games at all.

Re the packages, the people that usually go on them are the geeks that will bug the players on the plane, stalk them at the hotel and go to all the training sessions, so they'll be happy whatever.

Not really. I was looking for an excuse of a holiday and when the club announced it, it was a no brainer. Sun, beer and the Albion, you can't really get much better than that. I am disappointed that there has been no announcement in terms of games. I could have booked a holiday somewhere much cheaper and on the coast but hey ho.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here