Spanish pre-season tour

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Albion Dan

Banned
Jul 8, 2003
Peckham
I feel sorry for those that have booked. It is quite clearly a shambles and looks like we are going to do well to scrape a game together with the equivalent of a Sussex County Side.

spoonie

Apr 19, 2011
utter disgrace after the fun in portugal the last 2 years ....dont understand why we cant have booked up a couple friendlies by now

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
Portsmouth are in the same area and have ended up with one game v A Gibralter XI and couldn't fix up anything else............not looking like it's going to achieve what Gus wants by way of testing the squad

Albion Dan

Banned
Jul 8, 2003
Peckham
I just find it astounding that a club would book an overseas tour and promote it to fans before even having a match lined up.

I just find it astounding that a club would book an overseas tour and promote it to fans before even having a match lined up.

But it isn't a tour, it's a training camp with a couple of games thrown in. And the club haven't willingly promoted it, they've rushed out a few last minute details because so many people were banging on about it.

Besides, speaking as someone who went on both Portugal trips, the football forms a very small part of what is basically just an excuse for good piss up in the sun. It was nice seeing the Albion but I can't remember a thing about any of the games.

Albion Dan

Banned
Jul 8, 2003
Peckham
But it isn't a tour, it's a training camp with a couple of games thrown in. And the club haven't willingly promoted it, they've rushed out a few last minute details because so many people were banging on about it.

Besides, speaking as someone who went on both Portugal trips, the football forms a very small part of what is basically just an excuse for good piss up in the sun. It was nice seeing the Albion but I can't remember a thing about any of the games.

The club have organised an official packaged trip for supporters havent they? A bit more than rushing out a few last minute details.

Turkey

Jul 4, 2003
Portsmouth are in the same area and have ended up with one game v A Gibralter XI and couldn't fix up anything else............not looking like it's going to achieve what Gus wants by way of testing the squad

I've got a friend who has worked for Pompey and knows lots of people there and he reckons they want to play us but there's some sort of hassle due to them playing Gibralter. I don't know all the political stuff and I don't know why that would matter anyway, does the Spanish FA have any say over friendlies between two foreign sides on their soil?

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
I've got a friend who has worked for Pompey and knows lots of people there and he reckons they want to play us but there's some sort of hassle due to them playing Gibralter. I don't know all the political stuff and I don't know why that would matter anyway, does the Spanish FA have any say over friendlies between two foreign sides on their soil?

Gary Hobson does, as per my link above.

leigull

Sep 26, 2010

The club have organised an official packaged trip for supporters havent they? A bit more than rushing out a few last minute details.

Indeed. Article from Official site back on 9th May (2 days after the tour was first announced)

Brighton and Hove Albion | News | Latest News | Latest News | Packages Available for Pre-Season Trip

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports