Spanish Dave - What exactly does he do?!

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Seagull

Yes I eat anything
Feb 28, 2009
On the wing
Here he is about to do something very special! Lopez v Palace web.jpg

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
**** all based on today. Lets get Dean Cox back to whack set pieces against the first defender...

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Judging by the date of this thread, we still have a couple of months to wait before SD finds his top form.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
He has done nothing this season................................................................ yet.

If he's playing for a contract next year, he needs to start producing the goods. His delivery is poor, passing leaves a lot to be desired and has offered very little so far. We haven't even had a penalty ..........

Look forward to a couple of months time or even tomorrow evening.

Pogue Mahone

Apr 30, 2011
Really ? Not really any end product and scuffed our best chance of the game (other best chance was Barnes' which had a good save by the Reading keeper).

If this was his best game of the season so far, then it says a lot about how he has been performing so far.

Ward scuffed our best chance - which one are you talking about? His crosses, corners and general passing were much, much better - he began to remind me of what we had last season.

But yeah, up until Sunday his performances have not been good.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Ward scuffed our best chance - which one are you talking about? His crosses, corners and general passing were much, much better - he began to remind me of what we had last season.

But yeah, up until Sunday his performances have not been good.

I imagine he means the one where he was just outside the six yard box to the left of the goal, space and time to get the ball out from under his feet, then screwed the shot wide to the right.

But agree ward's and two of Barnes shots were equally as good a chance to score, as was greer's header at the end of the first half.

theonesmith

Oct 27, 2008
Really ? Not really any end product and scuffed our best chance of the game (other best chance was Barnes' which had a good save by the Reading keeper).

If this was his best game of the season so far, then it says a lot about how he has been performing so far.

That miss does stand out, and I couldn't back up my viewpoint with evidence without watching back through the game, but I haven't been happy with his performances so far this season yet remember being happy with his contribution on the right wing. I seem to recall him creating good goalscoring opportunities on a few occasions with his passing - I particularly remember him playing the ball to crofts? But as I say, I can't substantiate it with hard evidence other than that recollection..

Dec 29, 2011
His main asset is crossing. For a large part of the game on Sunday we played with either NO STRIKER or Lualua, who is probably about 5'7. Hardly playing into his hands is it.

Pogue Mahone

Apr 30, 2011
I imagine he means the one where he was just outside the six yard box to the left of the goal, space and time to get the ball out from under his feet, then screwed the shot wide to the right.

But agree ward's and two of Barnes shots were equally as good a chance to score, as was greer's header at the end of the first half.

Oh yeah, that one completely slipped my mind. He did, to be fair, create that opportunity himself with a sublime bit of skill - then seemed to have a bit of a rush of blood.

If he hadn't played well, I might have been somewhat annoyed with him.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports