Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Spanish Dave - What exactly does he do?!

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
Spanish Dave - what exactly does he do?!

Obviously without the enjoyment of threads like this, and all the other recent bounced stuff (for which I've been surprisingly spared humiliation (but it's only a matter of time)) The Albion would be nowhere as brilliant, fun, frustrating & woeful, to watch.

I'm not complaining but back to my original point.
I get grumpy when history gets rewritten to suit the current atmosphere.

If we (Dave, Will, KLL, AB, et al) were as good ALL season as people are starting to proclaim, we would have smashed this division.
If they were as bad as they have been for parts of the season, we would have been relegated.

I know you've mentioned conversations with fans outside of NSC, but I haven't seen any attempts to re-write history here about the form of our players in the last few months of 2012. I'd be amazed if anyone seriously thinks Buckley has been doing the business all season and was prepared to stand by that claim on NSC.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Did he not score against Millwall and Watford in December?
This is an internet messageboard.

I'm not going to let piffling things like facts and the truth, get in the way of making a bloody good point, about our season as a whole.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I know you've mentioned conversations with fans outside of NSC, but I haven't seen any attempts to re-write history here about the form of our players in the last few months of 2012. I'd be amazed if anyone seriously thinks Buckley has been doing the business all season and was prepared to stand by that claim on NSC.
I guess I could and should have listed all our attacking players, as the defensive unit was fantastic and then got better, with Upson.

The point by putting those in, was IMO they are the ones who have changed our season with their performances, and Barnes who should have done, had he played.

Mowgli37

Enigmatic Asthmatic
Jan 13, 2013
Sheffield
This is an internet messageboard.

I'm not going to let piffling things like facts and the truth, get in the way of making a bloody good point, about our season as a whole.

I'm not one of those re-writing history and saying he was always great for us!

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Worse than frustrating.

The facts say:-
October - no wins.
November - 3 wins but against relegation teams.
December - No wins, inc Palace.

My memory of that time, is a team who's early season promise was crumbling at Watford, just clung onto at Millwall, before it disappeared completely.

Yes the draws were frustrating but I seem to remember as a team we played pretty badly and very defensive.

Would Ulloa have made that much of a difference?
Maybe, one goal and all that.

Did the team play anything like they are now, back then?
Not even close.

March's Albion would have ripped December's Albion apart.

That's how I define our woeful run through the back end of last year.

We've still not been in the lower half of the division all season.

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
Re: Spanish Dave - what exactly does he do?!

Apart from after the second game! We looked doomed after that unnacceptable start. Ok, so the two teams we played have finished 1-2, but that means nothing...

As for Dave, he did something else earlier too. He popped balloons on request. Spanish Dave - what DOESN'T he do?

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Just imagine where we would be, had we played for the whole season.

It's not my intention to sound like an arse (belive it or not).
I've loved this season, I know had we Man Utd, Barca, Muniched our way to the title, it wouldn't have been half the fun, but we would be promoted, with the best Albion squad I have ever seen.

Mowgli37

Enigmatic Asthmatic
Jan 13, 2013
Sheffield
Got a thumbs up from Dave today as he came round with his kids, nice bloke and a great player, we have to keep him!

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
In answer to the question go MISSING in a champ play off at home agaimst yr rivals *shrug*

BRIGHT ON Q

Jul 5, 2003
Absolutely terrible the other night,same as he played at home to Leicester.

Dec 29, 2011
So he has two bad games and people are back on his back? One of the most talented players we have at the club, I hope he signed for many more years.

BRIGHT ON Q

Jul 5, 2003
So he has two bad games and people are back on his back? One of the most talented players we have at the club, I hope he signed for many more years.

Hardly on his back,just stating that he was very poor the other night,just like he was in the away leg and against Leicester.people soon bounce this thread and give it the op shit when he has a good game but it works both ways.we needed him to perform and he went missing badly.

detsknil

Sep 23, 2011
Hanover, East Sussex
Hardly on his back,just stating that he was very poor the other night,just like he was in the away leg and against Leicester.people soon bounce this thread and give it the op shit when he has a good game but it works both ways.we needed him to perform and he went missing badly.

Along with a lot of other players so why pick on Spanish Dave? New Season coming up, look forward to it and move on!

Brighton Mod

Its All Too Beautiful
Along with a lot of other players so why pick on Spanish Dave? New Season coming up, look forward to it and move on!

Is that right back Dave, midfield Dave or right wing Dave. Should never have been sent to right back on Monday, Hammond should have been subbed for Lua Lua. Inigo did a good job on Saha and Hammond is hardly a creative, inspiring midfielder. IMO its the manager not the player!

Brighton Mod

Its All Too Beautiful
Worse than frustrating.

The facts say:-
October - no wins.
November - 3 wins but against relegation teams.
December - No wins, inc Palace.

My memory of that time, is a team who's early season promise was crumbling at Watford, just clung onto at Millwall, before it disappeared completely.

Yes the draws were frustrating but I seem to remember as a team we played pretty badly and very defensive.

Would Ulloa have made that much of a difference?
Maybe, one goal and all that.

Did the team play anything like they are now, back then?
Not even close.

March's Albion would have ripped December's Albion apart.

That's how I define our woeful run through the back end of last year.

Hey Mr Stat, do you think there is anything in the hypothesis that we struggle with home midweek games for some reason. I believe that the following results all midweek at home, cost us automatic promotion:

Cardiff
Ipswich
Leeds
Millwall
Blackburn
Charlton
Leicester

I can't think we played well in any of these games, win any two of these and we're up. Not only the result but I remember most of these games being lamentable from ourselves. Are we tired in the evening?

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Is that right back Dave, midfield Dave or right wing Dave. Should never have been sent to right back on Monday, Hammond should have been subbed for Lua Lua. Inigo did a good job on Saha and Hammond is hardly a creative, inspiring midfielder. IMO its the manager not the player!

I like Calde, I genuinely do, but he did a good job on Zaha!? Was I at a different game ???

This tie turned on Holloway finally realising that Bridge has a Zaha size pocket in his shorts halfway through the first leg.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here