• Yes

Votes: 114 48.1%
  • No

Votes: 123 51.9%

• Total voters

SIMMO SAYS

Jul 31, 2012
Incommunicado
The 'Romford' Pele (Ray Parlour) is about the sixth 'Talksport ' presenter today to have a go at 'Dave' for his 9.5 rolling about in THAT tackle. Personally I thought he could have waited for an oxygen tent to be brought out before rejoining the fray!:D WOT are your views???

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Bit of gamesmanship, sure. But it was a foul, and probably would have got a yellow anyway.

Cheat is a bit far.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
To be fair he checked he was getting carded first then had another bout of extreme pain.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Don't give a flying f***.

Paul Reids Sock

Nov 3, 2004
Paul Reids boot
Spanish Dave---Cheat?

I don't think he is a cheat but definitely made the most of the situation. It's something that annoys me in the modern game and if I had been a toon fan I would have been calling for his head as it was Albion I found it rather amusing and even had my 3 year old rolling around on the lounge floor shouting 'look at me mummy I'm a footballer!!'

The thing that has really got me is that if our first goal had been scored by man Utd or Chelsea they would be saying how it was up there with the best FA cup goals ever (I don't think it is but was a very good goal) instead they have mentioned it a couple of times but keep raving about the RVP strike!!

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Bit of gamesmanship, sure. But it was a foul, and probably would have got a yellow anyway.

Cheat is a bit far.

No, it's not too far at all.

If it was an opposition player doing that, someone such as Zaha for example, Albion fans would be in absolute uproar and rightly so. There was no need to roll over and over and over again, and the glance in the direction of the ref just reaffirmed the cynical nature of what he was up to.

Was it a foul? Probably, yes.

Was it a yellow card offence? I'm not so sure. However, I'd hope the ref didn't give the card on the basis of roly poly Dave, so maybe it was.

I'd LOVE it for Albion fans to lead the way in calling our own players out for theatrics as maybe that's what it's going to take to finally get cheating out of the game.

Surf's Up

Jul 17, 2011
Here
Does this face look bothered - tell me a professional footballer that doesn't do it

raymondbriggs

Dec 21, 2008
on a snowman plough
The guy should have gone for shoving El Abd over in the box but the look on Adams face was a treat as he and the whole team new Amoebi would never be on the pitch for the final whistle.

Pole in Goal

Aug 14, 2012
BN1
Don't think it's right to judge other players that exaggerate a foul, or try to gain an advantage. Lopez made too much off it; but I think it was a pointless, late tackle and it deserved a yellow card. Was the four rolls and the few minutes down really needed? Personally I was a bit disappointed, but at the same time it certainly deserved to be a yellow so can understand that Lopez was just making sure the ref made the right decision.

Anyway, he was brilliant and can stay at RB for a very long time if he keeps this up!

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
There was contact, and it was a foul, but the reaction was ott. I read somewhere, (possibly on another thread) that the ref had spoken to him before that, and that perhaps it was an accumulation of fouls rather than that one.

Since it was a foul it seems weird to call him a cheat, but it was definitely unprofessional, embarrassing, and unnecessary. He will probably suffer for it when he is brought down and refs don't give him the free kick because of this. It's something that people tend to dismiss when they defend one of their own diving - the reputation will proceed them, and while the dive may gain in the short term, in the long term you'll miss out on more.

Mutts Nuts

Oct 30, 2011
The 'Romford' Pele (Ray Parlour) is about the sixth 'Talksport ' presenter today to have a go at 'Dave' for his 9.5 rolling about in THAT tackle. Personally I thought he could have waited for an oxygen tent to be brought out before rejoining the fray!:D WOT are your views???

Cheating is allowed in the modern game,shirt pulling, climbing on opponents shoulders , goals from the hand ,dragging opponents down, nothing gets punished apart from sliding tackles and offside, get used to it

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
His first yellow for the clip on Dicker was soft, but the foul on Spanish Dave was definitely a foul which he made the most of.

SIMMO SAYS

Jul 31, 2012
Incommunicado
Don't give a flying f***.

'Granny' I'm only doing this thread cos my missus wont let me watch the fecking footie tonight(I've had enough this weekend according to her!!!). If he gets a few more 'static' waste of space forwards carded then good luck to him and us:D

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
There was contact, and it was a foul, but the reaction was ott. I read somewhere, (possibly on another thread) that the ref had spoken to him before that, and that perhaps it was an accumulation of fouls rather than that one.

Since it was a foul it seems weird to call him a cheat, but it was definitely unprofessional, embarrassing, and unnecessary.

Player did himself no favours arguing with the referee when he walked off at half-time, as good as marked his card so to speak.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box

Since it was a foul it seems weird to call him a cheat, but it was definitely unprofessional, embarrassing, and unnecessary.

Double post

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
If you're going to listen to Talkspite your head is going to hurt.

chucky1973

Nov 3, 2010
Crawley
No, it's not too far at all.

If it was an opposition player doing that, someone such as Zaha for example, Albion fans would be in absolute uproar and rightly so. There was no need to roll over and over and over again, and the glance in the direction of the ref just reaffirmed the cynical nature of what he was up to.

Was it a foul? Probably, yes.

Was it a yellow card offence? I'm not so sure. However, I'd hope the ref didn't give the card on the basis of roly poly Dave, so maybe it was.

I'd LOVE it for Albion fans to lead the way in calling our own players out for theatrics as maybe that's what it's going to take to finally get cheating out of the game.

this
at the time from my view in the north I thought it was clear cut foul and booking, having seen it he was embarrassing and everything I hate about football. hope he never does it again.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here