Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Spain v England on FRIDAY

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
We've already qualified. What better time to try out newer players?

I'd expect an international manager to know his best players and formations by now.

Mr Bridger

Sound of the suburbs
Feb 25, 2013
Earth
Ordinarily I'd be a bit 'meh' but I actually think England have got the germ of a decent side in the making and I'd be interested to see the following line-up:

1. Butland. 2.Clyne. 3.Bertrand. 4.Stones. 5.Cahill. 6.Carrick. 7.Alli. 8.Barkley. 9.Vardy. 10.Kane. 11.Sterling.

Now that side makes me fell old.....

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Taking a night off England and decided to treat myself to a Paris trip for France v Germany. Mind you, all they're talking about at the moment is sex tapes and blackmail with the 'rested' Valbuena/Benzema, so possibly not quite the marquee friendly launching the big Euros build-up hosts France were hoping for.

Phat Baz 68

Get a ****ing life mate !
Apr 16, 2011
We will beat them im telling ya !! SPAIN 1 ENGLAND 3

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Would be good to see, but surely Smalling over Cahill ?

I don't rate Smalling at all. I don't rate Cahill much higher either but Stones will benefit from his experience against a dangerous attack.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
I understand that but that is not what the paying public want to see. They want our best to compete with Spains best to see how we stand as regards our chances as possible winners of the Euro next year.
So you think our fans would rather see our best compete in a meaningless friendly, than our manager do what he thinks is best to improve our chances of doing well in the Euros next year?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here