LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Erm I think I saw it..moving quite fast across the horizon

3E88C490-D4FE-4F82-BD8A-391CD3642D8B.jpeg

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
Isn’t that the space station? I’m quite confused, was amazed by whatever it was I saw. :lolol:

Fell off a chair in my garden standing on it trying to see the thing

papajaff

Aug 7, 2005
Brighton
How did you manage to escape the UK’s travel ban?

I live between Brighton and the Czech Rep. Decided to stay here after the Wolves away game.

Very glad I did as the cases have been low and pubs and restaurants open again.

papajaff

Aug 7, 2005
Brighton
Envious.

I love central Europe and unlike the UK, the Czech government have opened up travel/tourism with a load of other nations.

They got it right here. Everything shut down on the 13th March. Face masks compulsory and very impressive to see everyone adhering. Hand sanitisation everywhere as well. I'm lucky to be able to work from home, normally based in Burgess Hill for work.

Table for 4 last night at a great restaurant and sitting in a packed pub after. Czech is a fabulous country and Vienna and Bratislava close for me here. I own a pad here so well lucky.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
We just watched it from the garden. It went from the right hand side of the moon to the left (below the moon) and effing fast. Not sure the space station as that is visible tonight. The website seems intermittent so guess a lot are checking.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
They got it right here. Everything shut down on the 13th March. Face masks compulsory and very impressive to see everyone adhering. Hand sanitisation everywhere as well. I'm lucky to be able to work from home, normally based in Burgess Hill for work.

Table for 4 last night at a great restaurant and sitting in a packed pub after. Czech is a fabulous country and Vienna and Bratislava close for me here. I own a pad here so well lucky.

I’m very keen to get to the Austrian Alps (Styria) this summer, I don’t mind how we get there, but I have a feeling that our government are aiming at a 1st Sept start date for travel without quarantine. Deliberately timed so that the masses don’t holiday overseas in 2020.

In that packed pub, I assume no face masks?

swindonseagull

Aug 6, 2003
Swindon, but used to be Manila
So excuse my ignorance but what have I just seen? And heard! ISS or Space X?

I'm in Southern Czech Rep. and saw it flashing red. Heard it before I saw it. Massive wow moment.

Probably an aircraft, all you see for the ISS is a bright white light and its silent.....you wont hear a thing....also flashing red is probably a nav light or anti col light on an aircraft.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
We just watched it from the garden. It went from the right hand side of the moon to the left (below the moon) and effing fast. Not sure the space station as that is visible tonight. The website seems intermittent so guess a lot are checking.

I thought that the ISS was meant to be very visible tonight, and that’s what we all saw?

Over to the NSC space experts.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
I thought that the ISS was meant to be very visible tonight, and that’s what we all saw?

Over to the NSC space experts.

The 22:15ish passing of the ISS was highly visible, passing from NW-ish to SE below the moon.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here