Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Help] Southern Water - massively reduced bill

raymondo

Apr 26, 2017
Wiltshire
Might be a ballsache but worth persevering to talk to them. We went on holiday a few years ago and came back to find our en suite shower was in full flow and couldn't be turned of!! Turned out the valves had failed and dropped down in the unit in the loft. Explained to South East water and they gave us a credit (and also got a credit from Southern Water who deal with the drains).
Wow, good of them 👍

South Stand Bonfire

Who lit that match then?
NSC Patron
Jan 24, 2009
Shoreham-a-la-mer
That seems very low to me for a 6 or 12 month bill to a house. I live in Wiltshire (not a perfect comparison!) and we pay closer to your 800.
We are on a metered supply. Family of 3 with average use and we (I) pay about £30 per month on a metered supply. £800 sounds a lot tbh unless you have a pool ?!

Mr Bridger

Sound of the suburbs
Feb 25, 2013
Earth
Just ask your water company or check your bills for actual usage, Cm2 rather the man the actual bill. You may have a high consumption through the summer say, which overtakes what your direct debit is, so the next billing period will increase, sometimes dramatically. Added to this, sometimes there’s a hike and price per Cm2 which will see your bill increase.
Any leaks on your supply is your responsibility up to your boundary, anything beyond that is the water companies responsibility.
If you have a leak on your supply, check your building insurances and look for trace & access. This will cover you to tracing the leak, accessing it, but not the actual repair. They will then pay for any reinstatement. Domestic cover is usually up to £5k.
Some won’t cover for wear & tear, only accidental damage.

ofco8

May 18, 2007
Brighton
Ours has gone up from £40 to £45 per month but we did use our hosepipe, legally, quite a bit at one time during the summer.

atomised

Mar 21, 2013
a disabled person I help with paperwork has a 2.bed flat in central Brighton. one of the biggest issues they have is with southern water who bill them over £1k a year

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here