Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Southern season ticket to "London Terminals"

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
It's NOT complicated at all, from Brighton to London Terminals on the FCC line the limit is Blackfriars

And that's clearly advertised all ALL ticket sales points is it? Or should people continue checking by posting a thread on NSC?

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
I remember the good times; said:
But the big question, Bozza, is where are you going? Weekend in Paris maybe?

Barnsley.

No - the really big question is why [MENTION=6886]Bozza[/MENTION] has bought a season ticket at all?

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto
Will that cover me to St Pancras tomorrow morning?

I hope so because that's what I've got too. Although looking on the Southern site, if you try and buy a season ticket from Brighton to St Pancras it doesn't show the London Terminals one :eek:hno:

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
For the LAST time a Brighton to London Terminals ticket is NOT valid to St.PANCRAS

I'm not doubting you, as you're clearly a ninja in the dark arts of railway travel. But...

1. Can you point out somewhere, anywhere it says that.

2. Can you explain this on the National Rail site:

The list of London termini stations, defined as 'London Terminals' for ticketing purposes are:

St Pancras International - Serves the East Midlands including Derby, Leicester, Nottingham and Sheffield, and is the terminus for high speed domestic services from Stratford Int'l, Ashford Int'l, Canterbury, Dover and Faversham. Services also operate to Gatwick Airport, Luton Airport, Bedford and Brighton. St Pancras International is the London terminus for Eurostar services to Brussels and Paris.

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
Never had a problem City Thameslink and this is one on from the Blackfriars station meantioned above as the limit.

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
The fact that it's not clear shows what a farce the system is.

Absolutely this, its such a headache trying to find the cheapest way to get a train to away games and often the only way is to purchases single journey tickets from various different company's and use an oyster to get across London, the big risk being if one part of your journey is delayed you are f**ked if you miss the train you have to catch with another company.

I wonder if there is something football clubs could do with the rail company's to agree a set anytime return fare just for football supporters travelling to a game, surely something as simple as presenting you match ticket could be the equivilent of a rail card. It could be a fixed fee from say Brighton (or any station) to the station closest to the away teams ground.

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto
Never had a problem City Thameslink and this is one on from the Blackfriars station meantioned above as the limit.

Yes, City Thameslink looks like the last one that is valid on FCC if you do a search.

I think I'll buy a Blackfriars to St Pancras return ticket to bridge the gap.

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
Machine at St Pancras accepted my "London terminal" ticket when I travelled from South London on Tuesday.

ali jenkins

Thanks to Guinness Dave
Feb 9, 2006
Southwick
Just plead ignorance. It'll be too early for them to care on the way up, assuming the barriers are in place, and they won't want to argue with a load of drunk football fans on the way home.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
It IS slow, but can be quicker and WILL be cheaper than going through London - all depends on where you are going in Kent and whether you want to avoid paying for HS1.

Well I travel to the Medway towns and (might be wrong) I think HS1 gets thrown in for free. Not that that there's much high Speed about HS1 off-peak as it trundles its way down from Gravesend to Faversham via every duck-halt en route. Lovely train though.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here