Southern Rail STRIKE details

Aug 11, 2003
The Open Market

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
A cursory glance at the new timetable seems to show replacement bus service from Seaford to Lewes and no trains. Not gone through the whole thing yet, but surely this cannot be allowed. Completely unacceptable.

Carrot Cruncher

NHS Slave
Helpful Moderator
Jul 30, 2003
Southampton, United Kingdom
So as expected there are no trains between Brighton and Southampton. The biggest pisstake is that the only Coastway West trains (from Portsmouth) leave Barnham 10 mins before the Southampton ones arrive. There's **** all running, how ****ing difficult would it be to tie it in?

F***ing Bunglec***s.

Aug 11, 2003
The Open Market
Charles Horton and Dyan Crowther up now.

Expect them to have their tummies tickled by the committee.

DFL JCL

Jan 8, 2016
The key point is that the train cancellations have gone up totally disproportionately to the increase in sickness.

Aug 11, 2003
The Open Market
The key point is that the train cancellations have gone up totally disproportionately to the increase in sickness.

Quite. Daily average sickness has gone from 21 to 36.

Train cancellations have gone from a daily average of 28 to 244.

DFL JCL

Jan 8, 2016
From what i can tell the industrial dispute is a tiny fraction of the problem with Southern, yet the public perception doesn't reflect that.

Deadly Danson

Oct 22, 2003
Brighton
Why the hell are they banging on about driver shortages only on Thameslink? Most of the current problems are with Southern - Govia ran the franchise before this franchise and it was THEM who deliberately ran down the numbers of drivers and THEY are directly responsible for the shortfall. They keep talking like they are brand new to Southern and it was some other company who created the problem.

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
A cursory glance at the new timetable seems to show replacement bus service from Seaford to Lewes and no trains. Not gone through the whole thing yet, but surely this cannot be allowed. Completely unacceptable.

Which is what I would conclude from my cursory glance. Most Brighton to Ashford International trains and vice versa appear to now call at Falmer too.

Aug 11, 2003
The Open Market
Charles Horton: "There isn't a ban on rest day working - there never has been a ban on rest day working."

Really? That's in flat contradiction to a previous statement from GTR.

DFL JCL

Jan 8, 2016
so they have loads of problems with drivers, meanwhile they aren't prepared to acquiesce on a minor issue like DOO which is adding to the disruption. Perhaps the DOO issue is convenient for Southern to blame all of the other issues on.

Deadly Danson

Oct 22, 2003
Brighton
I don't know what's more depressing - the unimpressive performance from Mick Cash, the useless off point questions or the slimy deflective answers from GTR.
And did I just hear correctly Dyan Crowther say that working Saturdays is optional for me? How wonderful - I'll get to go to every Albion game this season now. Blatant lie.

DFL JCL

Jan 8, 2016
The guy with the southern pass. His tone with Southern is totally different to the union, far less confrontational.

Aug 11, 2003
The Open Market
The new timetable isn't in agreement with DfT, nor the Unions, nor the rail regulator. In other words, SASTA have done this unilaterally.

Mick Cash said he'd got an agreement from GTR for 490 conductors. Charles Horton said they'd agreed 440. Unchallenged by the committee so far.

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
Which is what I would conclude from my cursory glance. Most Brighton to Ashford International trains and vice versa appear to now call at Falmer too.

With the exception of course of the one that would be most important on evening match days the 18.33 from Lewes which is conveniently permanently cancelled.

Steve in Japan

NSC Patron
May 9, 2013
East of Eastbourne
GTR are getting away very lightly, nobody is really challenging them on "staff shortages" or the cancellation that have occurred when staff have been waiting.

The detail is all well and good, but the bottom line is that they are failing to deliver and should be booted out. As should Claire Perry for defending them.

Deadly Danson

Oct 22, 2003
Brighton
GTR are getting away very lightly, nobody is really challenging them on "staff shortages" or the cancellation that have occurred when staff have been waiting.

The detail is all well and good, but the bottom line is that they are failing to deliver and should be booted out. As should Claire Perry for defending them.

Very much so. I wish train drivers and guards could have grilled them rather than uneducated (on this matter) MPs - they wouldn't have got away with deflection and we could have pinned them down. The importance of having a guard safely dispatch a train has barely been mentioned.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here