Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Southern Rail STRIKE details

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
Perhaps SASTA managers should get off their arses and out of their office and travel on some of their services - might help them understand what their actions are inflicting on their customers.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Watching the local news tonight, there are STILL some passengers being interviewed who are under the impression that all the delays and cancellations are being caused by Southern staff skiving off work. Astonishing. The propaganda and deliberate misinformation being spouted by Govia / Southern has been highly effective in deflecting the blame, even now.

Deadly Danson

Oct 22, 2003
Brighton
Watching the local news tonight, there are STILL some passengers being interviewed who are under the impression that all the delays and cancellations are being caused by Southern staff skiving off work. Astonishing. The propaganda and deliberate misinformation being spouted by Govia / Southern has been highly effective in deflecting the blame, even now.

Every single day I have passengers coming up to me blaming the guards for the delays. When I explain that, last time I checked, there were only around 8 guards off sick at Brighton they appear genuinely enlightened. It alarms me and makes me wonder if I didn't know and see the truth every day what I'd believe given the repeated mantra of the supposedly reputable GTR and government.

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
Unbelievable tonight. How the **** can they keep getting away with this. Maybe we should all be demanding a 50% refund from our season tickets as only 50% of trains appear to be running. And judging by how rammed the 1800 was I can only assume the 1745 was cancelled before it as well?

IMG_0630.PNG

AK74

Bright-eyed. Bushy-tailed. GSOH.
NSC Patron
Jan 19, 2010
Unbelievable tonight. How the **** can they keep getting away with this. Maybe we should all be demanding a 50% refund from our season tickets as only 50% of trains appear to be running. And judging by how rammed the 1800 was I can only assume the 1745 was cancelled before it as well?

View attachment 75772

The 1742 was cancelled, hence everyone piling onto the 1800. This included Caroline Lucas, who was in my carriage and enduring the same SASTA experience as some of her constituents.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
I changed at the Heath this morning to connect to the 07:03 to Victoria and it was only 5 carriages, I HAD TO STAND ALL THE WAY TO VICTORIA.

*******s

yxee

Oct 24, 2011
Manchester
The 1742 was cancelled, hence everyone piling onto the 1800. This included Caroline Lucas, who was in my carriage and enduring the same SASTA experience as some of her constituents.

Better than most MP. Eg Claire Perry who doesn't even use trains.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
New level of incompetence at Lewes tonight. The platform indicator said the train was stopping at Falmer, the platform announcer said the train was stopping at Falmer: got on the train to be told by the guard that the train should have been stopping at Falmer but because it was running late it was going straight through,

He then said (demonstrating that he wasn't perhaps the sharpest tool in the box) that he told passengers to get off at Lewes as the train wasn't stopping before Brighton. I did point out that was little use to people getting on at Lewes.

Now, that lack of communication has absolutely nothing to do with the strike but it does demonstrate how little concern SASTA have for their passengers

Aug 11, 2003
The Open Market
Just the 471 trains cancelled across the GTR network today, a 33% cancellation rate on Gatwick Express and 26% cancellation rate on the London - South Cast SASTA routes.

An decent improvement on Monday.

Lower West Stander

Mar 25, 2012
Back in Sussex
We get Claire Perry spurting out crap on one side and Mick Cash spurting out crap on the other.

I really don't care whose fault it is - I just want it sorted. I'm fed up of being caught in the middle of a load of ideological bickering about who is allowed to shut doors on trains.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
We get Claire Perry spurting out crap on one side and Mick Cash spurting out crap on the other.

I really don't care whose fault it is - I just want it sorted. I'm fed up of being caught in the middle of a load of ideological bickering about who is allowed to shut doors on trains.

HUGE. MASSIVE. BIG. FAT. THIS.

:clap2: :bowdown:

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
A good start to resolving this would be Southern lifting the BAN on overtime.

Ernest

Stupid IDIOT
Nov 8, 2003
LOONEY BIN

Who do you propose to sort it ? The Government want to rip working conditions away as well as jobs and reduce public safety and the RMT will not permit this

Ernest

Stupid IDIOT
Nov 8, 2003
LOONEY BIN
A good start to resolving this would be Southern lifting the BAN on overtime.

The problem is that once you ban overtime as has been done before to punish staff people then get used to NOT working it and so when the company comes grovelling back to staff to beg them it is very difficult to get staff in. Of course if they offer double or treble bubble then you'll get people doing it but if they think any staff will now give up their time off for minimum time paid then they have no chance of it.

Deadly Danson

Oct 22, 2003
Brighton
The problem is that once you ban overtime as has been done before to punish staff people then get used to NOT working it and so when the company comes grovelling back to staff to beg them it is very difficult to get staff in. Of course if they offer double or treble bubble then you'll get people doing it but if they think any staff will now give up their time off for minimum time paid then they have no chance of it.

Exactly. I believe overtime has just been reinstated but there is zero goodwill left so no one will do any. And this is the only way to deal with bullies.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here