Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Southern Rail STRIKE details

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
New service running today, empty trains from Eastbourne to Ashford as they only have a driver and not a guard so doesn't actually stop at any stations, nice and quick though I guess

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
83 trains cancelled and 339 delayed sounds about normal
stating the obvious ... they don't have the staff to restore a full service

Don't get me wrong, I'm the last one to defend Southern, but the report seems to be deliberately misleading. The headline "Restored full Southern timetable a ‘farce’ on first day" insinuates the report is all about Southern, but the figures quoted relate to Govia as a whole, so those cancellations and delays include Thameslink and Gatwick Express services.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Good to see Southern being absolutely ****ing HAMMERED on social media today with no strike excuses to fall back on. Maybe the unions should decide to strike less often?

pearl

May 3, 2016
Behind My Eyes
Don't get me wrong, I'm the last one to defend Southern, but the report seems to be deliberately misleading. The headline "Restored full Southern timetable a ‘farce’ on first day" insinuates the report is all about Southern, but the figures quoted relate to Govia as a whole, so those cancellations and delays include Thameslink and Gatwick Express services.

OK, but they (SOUTHERN) don't have the staff to run a full service so I give it a few days and situation will be back to how it started last April (even if the government make the strikes illegal).
Nice to leave my Brighton home at 08.20 this morning instead of 07.50 just to get to Lewes by 09.00

Ernest

Stupid IDIOT
Nov 8, 2003
LOONEY BIN

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
If they don't want disputes in 'essential services' then they shouldn't sell them off then should they ?

care to reconcile that with the strikes on the tube?

pearl

May 3, 2016
Behind My Eyes
does anyone know if today is an RMT strike day or are southern trains cancelled for another reason? Can find any info on southern site and need to be back in Brighton by a certain time later ...

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Trains are fine today
Think we need a very broad description on what fine means though when it comes GTR and trains running to schedule

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
does anyone know if today is an RMT strike day or are southern trains cancelled for another reason? Can find any info on southern site and need to be back in Brighton by a certain time later ...

It's about protecting their brand.

They have to cancel some services, otherwise you wouldn't know it was Southern.

Sent from my iPhone in a non-Calde world :-(

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here