Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Apparantly Southern are penalised financilally "in other ways"

Really? REALLY??

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Exactly mate. As I said above, if every member of staff only worked their rota with no filling in of the gaps, it would show how woefully staffed SASTA are. The unions would be doing nothing wrong and the only mugs would be SASTA. Whammo, commuters back on side with the staff.

Sadly the Unions don't see that. A couple of the lefties on here wont see the wood for the trees on this...but its true.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Anyway with the new 15 min delay rules I'm going to be RAKING it in. Any increase in fares I will be getting back TENFOLD :rubshands:

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003

Arthur

Jul 8, 2003
Buxted Harbour
i read the 11th Dec but not seen anything formal. imagine it will be when it goes live.

From: http://www.southernrailway.com/your-journey/customer-services/compensation-announcement/

Delay Repay 15

From Sunday 11 December customers on Southern will be able to claim Delay Repay if their train journey was delayed by 15 minutes or more instead of the current 30 minutes (except when delays are caused by planned engineering work).

Under ‘Delay Repay 15’ passengers will be able to claim 25% of the cost of a single fare for journeys delayed between 15-29 minutes. Find out more about delay repay.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
So I'm footing the bill for this failing franchise am I? ****ing great.
you've always been footing the bill for the rail network, aside from a few lines it runs at a loss. thats rather the point of the drive to cut the costs, to reduce the subsidy from the tax payer.

yxee

Oct 24, 2011
Manchester
Such a joke. 25% of a single is about £2. What a bloody waste of time, it's such a hassle to fill out those online forms. Type in departure and arrival station, times, bank details, ticket info plus photograph. For £2. Fantastic, even more time wasted.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Such a joke. 25% of a single is about £2. What a bloody waste of time, it's such a hassle to fill out those online forms. Type in departure and arrival station, times, bank details, ticket info plus photograph. For £2. Fantastic, even more time wasted.

On the other hand I generally get 4.40 a time. Not a lot. Indeed my ex used to say why are you bothering. Well when you get 32 of them and that s £144.00 that s why.

Thats not including the others. Lobve it when a tenner turns up. £560.00 so far this year. Worth the "hassle" but then I am an annual season ticket holder.

halbpro

Jan 25, 2012
Brighton

If you get a peak single to London from Brighton 25% is £6.25. If both of your trains are delayed by 15 minutes, not unlikely, you get £12.50 a day. That's not bad. Also once it goes to thirty minutes you get 50% back.

Arthur

Jul 8, 2003
Buxted Harbour
On the other hand I generally get 4.40 a time. Not a lot. Indeed my ex used to say why are you bothering. Well when you get 32 of them and that s £144.00 that s why.

Thats not including the others. Lobve it when a tenner turns up. £560.00 so far this year. Worth the "hassle" but then I am an annual season ticket holder.

Agreed. Its a very worthwhile exercise. I'm £3.50, £6.90 and £13.70 for my season ticket this year. My current total for 2016 is £443.30 and I have about £50-60 outstanding so I will easily break the £500 mark. Which basically equates to a month and half worth of travel.

With this 15 minute change coming in I'm probably going to be doing 2 claims a day so god knows how much I'll get next year.

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing

Yep, it becomes part of the daily routine. If you logon to the delay replay site, it also prefills some of the details, and it only takes 2-3 minutes to complete the rest. Once in the routine it's nice to get the batches of letters through the post (I still go for cashable vouchers, as I don't trust them with my bank details). I might ask for the 1 month comp as these as well, and then rock up at Durrington one day with about £500 worth to cash in. Goodwill works both ways.

Papa Lazarou

Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
Agreed. Its a very worthwhile exercise. I'm £3.50, £6.90 and £13.70 for my season ticket this year. My current total for 2016 is £443.30 and I have about £50-60 outstanding so I will easily break the £500 mark. Which basically equates to a month and half worth of travel.

With this 15 minute change coming in I'm probably going to be doing 2 claims a day so god knows how much I'll get next year.

Sadly, quite a lot I'd imagine. Are you able to WFH on strike days? (Or more accurately, are your employers ok with this?)

Papa Lazarou

Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
By the way - for those travelling West Coastway home from London Bridge tonight, the 18:10 service has already been cancelled.

Arthur

Jul 8, 2003
Buxted Harbour
Sadly, quite a lot I'd imagine. Are you able to WFH on strike days? (Or more accurately, are your employers ok with this?)

Thankfully yes. We have a very relaxed policy on working from home which is a nice perk to have (today 4 out of 12 of us in the office). The only rule is we all have to be in on a Wednesday which unfortunately has tended to be a day favoured by the strikers. My boss actively encourages me not to bother travelling in on strike days unless its necessary (or Wednesday).

Even then it's not much of a bind to be honest. If I drive I normally go to High Brooms which is the far side of Tunbridge Wells (Southeastern). Takes about 15 minutes in the morning and I can park on the street for free. The service is a lot more frequent and they have fast trains which take 45 minutes. Getting home is a bit more of an issue as Tunbridge Wells can be a right pain in the arse to get through which is why I have done the replacement bus a few times. One of those occasions I actually got home earlier than I would do normally having left the office at the same time.

Papa Lazarou

Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
Thankfully yes. We have a very relaxed policy on working from home which is a nice perk to have (today 4 out of 12 of us in the office). The only rule is we all have to be in on a Wednesday which unfortunately has tended to be a day favoured by the strikers. My boss actively encourages me not to bother travelling in on strike days unless its necessary (or Wednesday).

Even then it's not much of a bind to be honest. If I drive I normally go to High Brooms which is the far side of Tunbridge Wells (Southeastern). Takes about 15 minutes in the morning and I can park on the street for free. The service is a lot more frequent and they have fast trains which take 45 minutes. Getting home is a bit more of an issue as Tunbridge Wells can be a right pain in the arse to get through which is why I have done the replacement bus a few times. One of those occasions I actually got home earlier than I would do normally having left the office at the same time.

Another example of the lack of effectiveness of the strikes. People work round them, and get delay repay as well. In my experience the worst days are the non-strike days when the service just falls apart.

Ernest

Stupid IDIOT
Nov 8, 2003
LOONEY BIN
Another example of the lack of effectiveness of the strikes. People work round them, and get delay repay as well. In my experience the worst days are the non-strike days when the service just falls apart.

So you work from home, people work around them and claim delay repay which is tax payers money and you say strikes are ineffective ?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here