Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Southern Rail STRIKE details

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Southern actually win don't they? They save on striking employee wages, whilst not missing out on revenue ?!

Yeah I dont think the Government stop paying Southern. Maybe they should. Thing is we dont know. Its all shrouded in mystery hence the crowdfunding to get some answers.

GypsyKing

Feb 4, 2013
They've been on strike for 17 days since April, but you hate them for nigh on a year? So what did they do before that to ruin your family's life? And for the other 500+ non-strike days?

You're clearly not a commuter otherwise you would not need to ask the question....

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
They've been on strike for 17 days since April, but you hate them for nigh on a year? So what did they do before that to ruin your family's life? And for the other 500+ non-strike days?
Just a wild guess here, but the conveniently high level of staff sickness that has coincidentally been going on since this dispute first started running might be a reason?

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS

27 days by the end of December. That's more days than I get annual leave in a YEAR.

If I don't sneak off early / in late than strike days would mean getting home an hour later than normal couples with a 25 mile round trip drive, £17 parking per day.

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....

It is not just the strike days, its the late and cancelled trains everything top to bottom unions, government and Southern the whole thing is a disgrace.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Stupid idiot, it has been proved there has been no high level of sickness

You say that, but David Boyle, so triumphed by those on your side, did say in one of his blog posts:

"As I understand it, the sickness levels among frontline staff have now sunk back to pre-dispute levels"

Are you suggesting that sickness levels were BELOW normal levels, as it's certainly my take is that he was saying that sickness had gone up. Or, in other words, "high level of sickness".

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009
It is not just the strike days, its the late and cancelled trains everything top to bottom unions, government and Southern the whole thing is a disgrace.

The late and cancelled trains have nothing to do with the unions unless they are on a strike day, they are due to the incompetence of Southern and lack of investment into our rail infrastructure.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
The late and cancelled trains have nothing to do with the unions unless they are on a strike day, they are due to the incompetence of Southern and lack of investment into our rail infrastructure.

Well, that and sniffles, yes.

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....

Which is what I have put in my post " top to bottom unions, government and Southern the whole thing is a disgrace"

It is the whole treatment of the paying public that I am concerned about, all very well defending the unions if you wish but they ARE contributing to the misery of thousands of people that you can not deny.

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
Another stupid idiot alert, Horton could not prove the sickness slur when questioned at the Committee in Parliament

Why call everyone stupid ?

You clearly have a personal agenda on this subject, and a holier-than-thou attitude on the subject.

Just because you maybe in the union and have an opinion that does not make you right just as it does not make me right by thinking your wrong Nor does it make you stupid.

What I do know is that the unions and everyone else are using the paying public for their own ends, that you can not deny. Picking days to strike in the at key times for maximum effect and trying to force Southerns hand, all of which affects the commuters who are being treated like mugs....

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here