Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Southern Rail STRIKE details

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
There was , this has been boiling up for years

But the Rail Safety Board, or the like, have TODAY stated that DOO is fine in their view. It has been in operation for many years on other franchises without issue. It really is just about union dinosaurs having a last stand.

Yoda

English & European
But the Rail Safety Board, or the like, have TODAY stated that DOO is fine in their view. It has been in operation for many years on other franchises without issue. It really is just about union dinosaurs having a last stand.

Of course they would, they are not independent (which they are meant to be) if you look into them. Most of the board are the Chairs, etc of the TOC's.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest

Course it has.

Virgin East Coast operate this on the SLAM DOORS.

Seen it for myself on the Kings Cross to Grantham line.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Of course they would, they are not independent (which they are meant to be) if you look into them. Most of the board are the Chairs, etc of the TOC's.

Ignore him

He is obviously a civil servant with an extra allowable 6 days of sick which in effect is extra holiday and loads of union benefits incl subsiding wages if on strike. #jobcentreplus

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Echoes of Scargill there EnRest, that didn't end up well for the strikers now did it?

Do a Ronnnie with airtraffic controllers. Sack them all bring a load in from abroad and make it illegal to rehire them.

They will soon realise the value of paid employment.

Thats how I would end it if they want to play hard ball and settle "once and for all"

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
In the blame and litigation culture that this country has become, I'm not surprised the drivers don't want to put themselves in the firing line for court action if a scapegoat is needed on a DOO train.

Sorrel

Jul 5, 2003
Back in East Sussex
I think the drivers' action makes it more likely that things will be resolved sooner. And recently I've noticed that the conductors have been much politer, presumably because they want to keep the commuters on side.

That week in January sounds fun, though: Monday to Saturday! Presumably no conductors will sign off sick on that week.

yxee

Oct 24, 2011
Manchester
What pay rise? There is nothing about pay in this matter whatsoever. All parties have confirmed that is the case.

Oh, the conductors didn't get a pay rise ? I thought they just got a pay rise. Something like £2000 bonus and raises above inflation for two years. Must have made that all up.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here