Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
That is a depressing image

CsOVhnrWcAEyDVg.jpg

AK74

Bright-eyed. Bushy-tailed. GSOH.
NSC Patron
Jan 19, 2010
Delays on the mainline due to an incident at Wivelsfield.

Disruption between Redhill and Brighton expected until 15:00

Emergency services dealing with an incident between Haywards Heath and Brighton is causing disruption to journeys between Redhill and Brighton. This is expected to continue until 15:00.

Journey times between Haywards Heath and Brighton are being extended by up to 90 minutes.

HH Brighton

Jul 25, 2003
Decent summary of the union's actions that.
We are being badly let down by the government on this. They've had months intervene and sort this out but they have no interest in doing so and Southern are still being paid the same amount of money to run this service.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Lets say you are spot on (and to be fair I expect you are) so what? Why should people in the now privatised railway industry be immune from redundancy? If my company decide I am surplus to requirements and give me the heave ho then I wouldn't go out of my way to make it bloody awful for the rest of the world during my consultation period.

I trust Southern about as much as I trust the RMT....not one jot. The trouble is neither are prepared to budge and the only winner I can see because of the daft way the franchise is operated is Southern. The continued loser out of it all is the commuter.

100%

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting
23.04, On train at platform 1 Brighton, turfed off when ready to depart westbound.... no fecking guard. Sat on train which terminates at Hove. Absolute shower of sh1t are Southern Rail.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
23.04, On train at platform 1 Brighton, turfed off when ready to depart westbound.... no fecking guard. Sat on train which terminates at Hove. Absolute shower of sh1t are Southern Rail.

Which is why DOO is absolutely essential. FOR THE WHOLE NETWORK

OR the unions need to get their ****ing head out there arse and let the train run anyway if the driver can open the doors.

I'm past caring about the "plight" of the guards. One strike too many. Its not in the interests of passengers. You are a private sector employee mate. Deal with it like I have to and anyone else.

Ernest

Stupid IDIOT
Nov 8, 2003
LOONEY BIN

OR the unions need to get their ****ing head out there arse and let the train run anyway if the driver can open the doors.

I'm past caring about the "plight" of the guards. One strike too many. Its not in the interests of passengers. You are a private sector employee mate. Deal with it like I have to and anyone else.

Top rant but DOO is as likely to happen as Blackburn winning the Championship this season

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
Top rant but DOO is as likely to happen as Blackburn winning the Championship this season

Thanks to the unions not giving a toss about the customer ..... remember those poor sods ? The ones that pay the salaries of these union members !!!!

Yoda

English & European

You can't have DOO "FOR THE WHOLE NETWORK" as not all the trains and stations are equipped for DOO. Those's crappy 313's they brought down from London used on East & West coastlines do not have external camera's for the doors, or the equipment in the drivers cab for them to be used as DOO.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here