Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Southend vs Albion - Match Thread

Stumpy Tim

Chickenrunner said:
honestly, what a bunch you lot are!
we go away to a team a league above us and are within 5 minutes of snatching it.
and that's with a team three quarters full of youngsters who again gave their all.
It's got to bode well for the future surely? ( don't call me shirley...etc, etc)

and don't get me started on knocking Kuipers ...

Spot on - some people don't know what side theire bread's buttered

Yoda

English & European
Kylies Stunt Arse said:
Give it a rest will you.

There are pricks on here that would love to blame Hendo for everything, there are pricks on here that love to blame Kuipers for everything.

There are pricks on here.

Why do you insist on being one of them?

:clap: :clap: :clap:

MikeySmall

Jul 7, 2003
BRIGHTON
Moan moan moan. We lost to a side unbeaten in 4 games in the championship. When was the last time BHA did that? A load of kids, away from home - at least we scored (twice!). Im not sure what some people expect - champions league football. No wonder no-one wants to come here. Are our fans the new Spurs????

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
Some nights leave me completely embarrassed to be part of all of this, and tonight is one of them.

FFS NSC, we lost away to a team from a higher division, why are you all whinging like we've crashed out at home to AFC Wimbledon?

:thud:

MikeySmall

Jul 7, 2003
BRIGHTON
Yoda said:
January 2005. :)

They have just been promoted and have a Bobby esq striker in Eastwood (although not as good!!) - he will score at lot of goals. I lads should be given credit for what i perceive as a decent result tonight - okay we lost - our defence capitualted - but hey we were f***ing close. Only 2/3 players off a good side (which is alot better than the shit we've had to put up with recently)....

Give the guys a f***ing break!!

Albion Dan

Banned
Jul 8, 2003
Peckham
Kylies Stunt Arse said:
Give it a rest will you.

There are pricks on here that would love to blame Hendo for everything, there are pricks on here that love to blame Kuipers for everything.

There are pricks on here.

Why do you insist on being one of them?

Very well said sir. Just about sums up NSC perfectly.

Colbourne Kid

Sep 19, 2003
Just got back. Some really good football, lots of possession. We deserved to be 1-0 up with 4 minutes to go. We did seem to give away a lot of corners and got punished from one with minutes to go.

The second and third goals were both wonder goals of the type that won't be scored by Southend again this season.

We then attacked again and scored our second.

Summary - we played some very good football. We kept going when the players must have felt downhearted. Another good performance by the team.

D

Deleted member 2719

Colbourne Kid said:
Just got back. Some really good football, lots of possession. We deserved to be 1-0 up with 4 minutes to go. We did seem to give away a lot of corners and got punished from one with minutes to go.

The second and third goals were both wonder goals of the type that won't be scored by Southend again this season.

Summary - we played some very good football. We kept going when the players must have felt downhearted. Another good performance by the team.

Nice to see someone give an accurate account of tonights match.

Deano seems a very thorough guy and i have no doubts he will see it as a good marker as to where we are in these early days of rebuilding the mess that he was left with and he in my view is doing a fantastic job.

Keep up the great work Deano.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Very disappointing as we played really well.

Still onwards and upwards as they say.

Marky

Well...
Mar 3, 2006
WR1
Colbourne Kid said:

Agree - I've just got back too, we more than matched them for most of the game and were pretty unlucky to lose (especially in normal time).

I did wonder what might have been had we not have made a substitution whilst defending a corner in the 87th minute, but at the end of the day we made a real fight of it at a side a division above us. Well done lads :clap: :clap::clap:

Lets hope for the sake of those Southend chavs on the train back that they get a nice glamour tie at Port Vale or Luton in the next round. :lolol:

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Marky said:
Agree - I've just got back too, we more than matched them for most of the game and were pretty unlucky to lose (especially in normal time).

I did wonder what might have been had we not have made a substitution whilst defending a corner in the 87th minute, but at the end of the day we made a real fight of it at a side a division above us. Well done lads :clap: :clap::clap:

Lets hope for the sake of those Southend chavs on the train back that they get a nice glamour tie at Port Vale or Luton in the next round. :lolol:
Sounds like plenty of positives then.
Unfortunately, it seems in the case of the 85th Minute Substituion (NSC prosecuting), Dean Wilkins has already been found GUILTY as charged, and will be sentenced accordingly during the course of tomorrow morning. My guess would be death by a thousand posts, leading to a one-way ticket back to the Youth team. The people have spoken, and we are a Community Club, after all.

Last edited:

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
We did play well, but after they equalised it all seemed to fall apart.

I missed the third goal (I was reading my paper) :lolol: I looked up and the ball was in the back of the net.

Anyway, I came away with the relief that I don't have to live round there.

I am guilty of missing our second because I was worried about missing my train. Saved me in the end because I walked the wrong way out of the ground.

Anyway - I did manage to have a couple of words with the one and only CHARLIE OATWAY who was sitting in the away end.

:bowdown: :bowdown:

So more positives than negatives, and Cox again proves that size doesn't matter.

.. and Marky I'll send you the SOL details when I get them.

Last edited:

steve-c

Colbourne Kid said:

we did play well, did'nt deserve to lose, the lads looked very downhearted at the end , so lets just get behind them and not give up , we have a good support but on here it seem's some people just want to run us down, even when they wernt at southend to so a good performance by a young side.

Race

The Tank Rules!
Aug 28, 2004
Hampshire
the right footed denilson said:
f***ing guy butters

Maybe get your facts right next time before posting comments like that eh?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here