Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Southend Utd v Brighton & Hove Albion U23s Roots Hall Checkatrade Trophy 30th Aug 19.45 ko

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
Not a bad half really , Goalie made a bit of a mistake not going for the ball , but good at the many crosses they're sending over , Connor looks a bit rusty ,Uwe looks okay , just need a bit more up front to cause them a few problems .

The Brighton Buzz

Falmer here we come
Jan 31, 2008
Not a bad half really , Goalie made a bit of a mistake not going for the ball , but good at the many crosses they're sending over , Connor looks a bit rusty ,Uwe looks okay , just need a bit more up front to cause them a few problems .

The biggest problem is, we have not got any strikers in the under 23 squad. The one place we need youngsters coming thru and we struggle to find one. Tonight we have no out and out strikers in the squad. Commentators saying they are getting bored as all Brighton are doing is possession football and not even trying to score a goal. Until after christmas last year it looked like that with the first team. In fact it looks like we are being too cautious again early season this year. I think there are several good players in the under 23's but we need to play more attacking football if we are to progress in going forward.

The Brighton Buzz

Falmer here we come
Jan 31, 2008
Hope it stays this way. Be good for an actual league team to progress. Course every chance they'll go on to lose to some other academy team.

Top work from the EFL.
This is on a league basis over three games so a win won't guarantee Southend going thru I believe and we still have two more games.

D

Deleted member 2719

Has anyone left early.:whistle:

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Paul 'Tank' Clark is the summariser.

Good run out for Hunemeier and Goldson.

FT 2-0

D

Deleted member 2719

The Checkatrade Trophy has been goal tastic, 4, 5 and 6 goals.:goal:

The Brighton Buzz

Falmer here we come
Jan 31, 2008
Stevenage and Orient.

Thanks I thought that was the case. Thing is that Southend played a lot of youngsters too, so not that an impressive performance by our under 23's..I believe that we had wanted to test them against lower league opposition. Does not appear to be the case. At least our two central defenders got some game time.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here