Jan 3, 2010
Quaxxann
We're up to fifteenth!

Screenshot from 2018-01-31 22-11-59.png

Straws.jpg

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
At the beginning of the season, we would have taken a draw at Southampton every time!!!

We now could do with winning at home vs the nasty ******** on Saturday.

bhawoddy

Jan 25, 2011
1 point between 6 teams. Wow that's close. Better point for us than it is for Southampton. We get a point away and Stoke, Newcastle and Southampton get one at home. We pull a point further away from WBA. Not a great night, but not bad.

As far as results go, it's not a bad night........but I look upon GIFT games as points lost. I'm not crazy enough to think we can win all games but when presented with Penalty kicks, I want three points not park the bus after 20 mins, after going 1 up, and hope to get something from the games. Why hand the initiative to the opposition, when there is no need to. Mad tactics IMO

Birdie Boy

Jun 17, 2011
I was unhappy with many things tonight but getting a point, I am not.

March should never have given that free kick away. Then it all went tits up, I was screaming at the tv for them to sort that non-existent wall out. Their player tried a low shot to the near post and they got lucky but if Izquierdo had stood next to March, he would have cleared it easy. Although I hate the relentless defending, it's the unforced errors that they make that really gets me. There was no excuse for not having a two men wall.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Ok, I am going to fly in the face of most here... I have just checked the league table and there are 5 teams below us - and I'm guessing their fans, with the possible exception of Swansea will all be saying the same as us!

What you have to look at is the ridiculous situation that there are only 4 points between our "we're doomed Captain Mainwaring" fans and Bournemouth in 10th place, 10th place a position I am sure everyone would bite the hand of our master Sky off for.
No, what we have to look at is the teams around us occasionally winning games and picking up three points - sometimes even against one of the 'Big Six'.

Anyone who thought this season would be easy clearly isn't a Brighton fan, and those that criticise Hughton's try not to lose tactics obviously don't appreciate the pressure that is on the whole club to survive this first season in the Premier League. If people really expected us to "go for it" then they were seriously deluded.
Nobody is really saying 'go for it' in a daft way - some people seem to think that any variation on the current tactics would automatically be 'gungho' - there are alternatives! Playing like we generally did in September and October would be a start...............................

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Absolutely dire performance. Tactics poor and players out of sorts

Can't disagree, I'm clinging to the positive that we gained a point, scored, and Ulloa looked sharp. Our wing play though is particularly bad, our lack of quality from wide positions is alarming.

Lower West Stander

Mar 25, 2012
Back in Sussex
Ok, I am going to fly in the face of most here... I have just checked the league table and there are 5 teams below us - and I'm guessing their fans, with the possible exception of Swansea will all be saying the same as us!

What you have to look at is the ridiculous situation that there are only 4 points between our "we're doomed Captain Mainwaring" fans and Bournemouth in 10th place, 10th place a position I am sure everyone would bite the hand of our master Sky off for.

Anyone who thought this season would be easy clearly isn't a Brighton fan, and those that criticise Hughton's try not to lose tactics obviously don't appreciate the pressure that is on the whole club to survive this first season in the Premier League. If people really expected us to "go for it" then they were seriously deluded.

Great post mate.

We’re still fighting and there will be a lot more twist and turns before the end of the season.

We’ve got a great chance of staying up. And a better squad than a month ago. So let’s get behind the team who have done pretty well on the whole this season. I’d have taken this result tonight.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Kosh

'The' Yaztromo
Absolutely dire performance. Tactics poor and players out of sorts

Drew, I fail to see how a 1-1 draw, even if we were out of sorts can be achieved (at this level) via a dire performance?!? I don't think we were massively lucky to be honest... I agree we're not playing 'well', but dire would surely be reserved for a 4 or 5 nil demolition?!?

I don't like the tactics but, a point is always better than an agonising 3-2 or 4-3.

Let's keep the faith, and likewise until the absolute utmost need, let's refrain from drawing out the long knives.

Mtoto

Sep 28, 2003
This morning, we were 11-8 to go down, which means it wasn't likely. Tonight, the odds are out to 6-4, which means it's slightly less likely than it was a few hours ago. We got a point - and denied a team below us two more. The amount of handwringing on this thread is weird.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here