Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Southampton plan £7.5m raid on Brighton for Solly March

atomised

Mar 21, 2013
Keeping him here and performances like Saturdays helping us to promotion is worth far more to us than 7.5 million

I can't see the.story being true but if it was the offer is low based on that.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Its BS..

If your a big time star in the making then you get poached by Big clubs, not a club who is the same size as us with the same potential if we go up(and we are top). Why take that gamble? Stains are mid table, we are not at the point of bankruptcy.

To many fans on here falling for "ooooh what a big massive club stains are", usually simster is the cheer leader of this kind of bilge..Last player to get this sort of Hype was Haha,,,and he went to?

Stains have a well established academy, and their youngsters cost zillions when the big teams finally come in for them. We've got a long way to go to catch up. Live with it! - we're heading the right way, but sure as hell ain't there yet.

andy1980

Feb 23, 2009
He was with us before he went to Lewes, Dick Knight used to be very evangelical about him pre-Tony Bloom.

I don't think thats true. He spent most of his youth at Crystal Palace, then went to Eastbourne then to Lewes, We signed him when he was 17.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
If the price is right then we sell, that's football !

The club won't sell any regular first team players in the January window. Not unless there is an equal or better player lined up. Even then, with things as they are, I can't see it happening. The summer window is a different matter.

Pevenseagull

Anti-greed coalition
Jul 20, 2003
Solly needs to play football, don't think moving to Southampton would be a good move for him. Play like he did on Saturday for the rest of the season and he could be a Premier League player next season anyway.

Almost word for word what I was going to post

Pevenseagull

Anti-greed coalition
Jul 20, 2003
Maybe they could give us 10 million for him and then loan him back, we PISS the division with the help of a couple of 5 million quid signings in January and then keep him, give them their money back and tell them to do one.

Discodoktor

Apr 28, 2011
Guildford
£7.5 million is a lot maradona cost less than that but that was decades ago so they can feck off.

£7.5 million for one of our starlets. The cheek of it. Those days of being robbed have gone.

OzMike

Oct 2, 2006
Perth Australia
If real then it has to be considered as it is quite a sum.
With a view to a loan back maybe, but I think that Tottingham would want his services immediately.
If he is good enough for our first team he should be good enough for theirs.

neilbard

Hedging up
Oct 8, 2013
Tyringham
7.5 is quite a sum if you have a peasant mentality and are willing to get mugged off the boy is worth a least twice that!

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
Solly is a very shy lad but he knows the reason why his own form has improved in recent weeks. When he was not in such good form in the early part of the season he was ripe for sending out on loan but CH knew that he was ready to play a big part this season that he just needed his confidence building by sticking with him and giving him game time.

Solly will trust the Manager a lot due to this and knows he might not get such similar support at a Premiership club. One or two bad games and your out of the team in the Premiership. On top of all that I think the report in the Mirror is actually made up speculation anyhow.

Dec 29, 2011
Solly is a very shy lad but he knows the reason why his own form has improved in recent weeks. When he was not in such good form in the early part of the season he was ripe for sending out on loan but CH knew that he was ready to play a big part this season that he just needed his confidence building by sticking with him and giving him game time.

Solly will trust the Manager a lot due to this and knows he might not get such similar support at a Premiership club. One or two bad games and your out of the team in the Premiership. On top of all that I think the report in the Mirror is actually made up speculation anyhow.
March gets interviewed after most matches and he seems to give the impression the coaching staff work closely with him closely to iron out his flaws. The best thing is it seems he takes the advice on board every game, the sign of a brain rather than just natural ability. Players at the top need to have a good footballing brain.

Super Steve Earle

Feb 23, 2009
North of Brighton
Well this would be a conundrum if Saints or anyone else offered £7m. Solly looked poor earlier in the season and contributed nothing, a waste of a shirt at times. But look at him now, worth £7m of anyone's money! But we got north of £7m for Ulloa then struggled to invest it wisely. However interest in our players means we are doing something right and I'm sure Chris sees it as a compliment. Meanwhile, we have apparantly turned down £6.5m for Dunk and maybe £4m for Stephens, so this story could have legs.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
This thread seems strangely naked without someone wanting to drive Solly along a A27 themselves.

Vegas Seagull

Jul 10, 2009
Bloom is wealthier than the Scummers. He will not sell in January as it may cost him a £100m promotion & he won't sell him next summer if we are promoted as it may cause insta relegation again costing him £100m
March is going nowhere

The Birdman

Nov 30, 2008
Haywards Heath
I feel the sort of money the players are worth now shows the club are doing somthing right and the longer the run goes on the offers will increase that's Football. Looking forward to this weekend lets hope we have double against Charlton.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here