Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Southampton in chaos

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
The former chairman of the Southampton supporters club was on five live a few minutes ago. He sounded as though he was in complete denial that there would be any problems. He also seemed to skim over their past troubles, repeatedly using the word 'continuity' until pulled up by Pat Nevin who theoretically asked if they'd been in financial problems before the current owners took control. He admitted that but certainly had his head in the sand.

Seagull over Canaryland

Feb 8, 2011
Norfolk
Southampton searching for a new CEO - Paul Barber ???

Might be a good call that.

I know he gets flack on here but Barber is the sort of hard nosed and experienced CEO they might fancy. Personally I hope we keep him - Tony Bloom did well to attract him and I don't think he should be allowed to leave until we have consolidated under FFP - or got to the Prem. But then everyone has their price.

But maybe the Liebherr family have someone of their own in mind?

looney

Banned
Jul 7, 2003
Arguing about how much stains is worth misses the point, as does the level of club debt/solvency.

By the looks of it stains are going to have to balance the books which means they are now a selling club.:)

Pompey Mark2 is a high possibility, its not going to be a rich mans plaything with financial restraints and an average/poor fan base.

Feb 14, 2010
I'd happily nominate David Bellotti as CEO.

He has the experience of being CEO working through a crisis.

I wouldnt wish Mr B on any club even Palace and Pompey. What have you got against Southampton? They don't even figure on my "I wonder how they got on today" list on a weekend

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
The club as a whole must be worth a lot more than £100m, then.

Interesting point. I will mentioned this to El Pres next time he tells everyone that Bloom is a philanthropist who cannot ever get his money back.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
I wouldnt wish Mr B on any club even Palace and Pompey. What have you got against Southampton? They don't even figure on my "I wonder how they got on today" list on a weekend

Southampton v Tottenham 0-0 is enough.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Interesting point. I will mentioned this to El Pres next time he tells everyone that Bloom is a philanthropist who cannot ever get his money back.

The obvious difference being that the Liebherr family have 'only' ploughed an estimated £50-£60m into the club, so a sale at £100m represents a tidy profit for them. Bloom on the other hand has ploughed in £150m...

Leighgull

Dec 27, 2012
The obvious difference being that the Liebherr family have 'only' ploughed an estimated £50-£60m into the club, so a sale at £100m represents a tidy profit for them. Bloom on the other hand has ploughed in £150m...

...so he's clearly mental?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here