Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Southampton had 10pts deducted - & are now above us

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
I've just realised. How embarrassing - and it's only Dec 1st:down:

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Could have been a lot sooner, to be honest.

Jamie

Jun 28, 2008
Southampton spent four times that!

We need to spend a lot more to get anywhere near the top of the table.

and what did say, Brizzle rovers spend over the last 2 years, or Carlisle, or Colchester or Southend or Leyton Orient or 8/10 of our division. Adams spaffed cash up the wall and slade folloed suit. The cash has been there, but they bought badly

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
We are in danger of getting cut off now

f***ing shit

Dont care what people say , these players are no cop

eastlondonseagull

Jan 15, 2004
West Yorkshire
Christ, we've just lost to three top-four teams. The real big games are coming up. Reproduce the performance againt Southampton, who we murdered, and we'll be fine. Keep the faith ;)

SirDouglasLoft

Jul 4, 2008
Christ, we've just lost to three top-four teams. The real big games are coming up. Reproduce the performance againt Southampton, who we murdered, and we'll be fine. Keep the faith ;)

Exactly. If we'd have played these three teams not back-to-back and got the same result, people wouldn't really think much of it.

Philcounty

Feb 25, 2009
Congleton
How is it any more embarrassing than the top 10 teams in the league all having more than 10 points than you? Southampton were never going to stay at the bottom of the league with the amount of cash they have at their disposal.

God I thought the Stockport County messageboard was negative, I'd hate to think what it would be like on here if you really had something to whinge about.

Couldn't Be Hyypia

We've come a long long way together
NSC Patron
Nov 12, 2006
Near Dorchester, Dorset

Exactly - even Gus has said that having these four as his first four games isn't exactly ideal. The next four games will really tell us if we should be panicking.

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
Blimey, collect your toys you 3 and get back in your pram! Only stated our league position is lower than S'hamptons who had 10 deducted!! What's criminal about that?! :shrug:

But since you've started.......if we were as broke as Tranmere and Wycombe below us, that may provide some valid context; but rumour has it we spent big by comparison - surely we can expect a little more for our money?

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
not having a go but how many teams have 10 more points than us? Scumhapton have a good squad so were always gonna clime from the bottom 4 fairly quick
The point still stands. Southampton have NOT climbed particularly quickly. Even without the deduction, they'd be outside the playoff places. And yet it's barely December and already they're above us.

Secondly, and to compound this issue, I'd bet that our budget was *much* bigger than all but 6 or 7 teams in this division. Sure I accept that a lot of this was spent on replacing the dross that Micky Adams left, but 9 moonths since his departure and our defence is still absolutely woeful and seemingly non-league standard.

Sadly, Bloom is going to have to open his wallet AGAIN and let Poyet replace the rubbish we have in our back four with *proper* defenders. I actually feel a bit sorry for Bloom who must surely have thought he'd spent enough to ensure we at least stayed in this division. But apparently not.

I would disagree with the statement that our defenders are rubbish. Elphick wouldn't have won player of the season if he was rubbish. But clearly there have been massive coaching deficiencies over the past few seasons which have culminated in the shower of shite we are currently witnessing. What we need is better coaching, and maybe that is what we now have but coaching takes time to show results on the pitch. Not sure that Charlie Oatway is the coaching guru to bring it all together, no matter how good he is "in the changing room" but fingers crossed.

As far as Southampton overtaking us in the table, so what? If Swindon or Walsall had started on minus 10 they would also have overtaken us by now, as it is they are 10+ points clear. And?

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
Not fussed at all they were never going to go down and have spent a crap load of money. If they are not pushing play offs come end of the season I would be surprised.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here