Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

South Stand, who is behind the Goal?

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
I think you are misunderstanding how the South Stand will be used. Home fans WILL be behind the goal. The four blocks of the South Stand will be used as follows:
The two blocks nearest the West Stand are currently on general sale to home fans.
The block nearest the East Stand will be available to away fans but only if they take the full allocation of 3,300. If they don't then the whole of the South Stand will be available to home fans.
The other central block will always be for home fans and these will go on general sale at a later date. The reason they aren't now is because they will first need confirmation that Cardiff aren't going to need their full allocation. If a team does take their full allocation then a small part of this block wouldn't be able to be sold due to segregation.
Hope that helps!

I get that but I think it's odd that they didn't sell ST's in any of those 3 blocks .... or did they?

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard
Thing is that everyone who wants to go will get theirs early, so the last ones to be released may well be bought, but not by the hardcore. And do these people really want to be sitting with a stones throw of spitting, snarling - or raucously celebrating - away fans? If that was all that was left I doubt I'd buy one and certainly wouldn't take my wife.

That's the problem with bowl stadiums, much prefer away fans to be in their own stand. The atmosphere at St Mary's last year wasn't nice at all, just getting constantly abused by Saints fans sitting nearby and surrounded by Albion fans hurling the same back at them, I won't go back there in a hurry.

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
Thing is that everyone who wants to go will get theirs early, so the last ones to be released may well be bought, but not by the hardcore. And do these people really want to be sitting with a stones throw of spitting, snarling - or raucously celebrating - away fans? If that was all that was left I doubt I'd buy one and certainly wouldn't take my wife.

That's the problem with bowl stadiums, much prefer away fans to be in their own stand. The atmosphere at St Mary's last year wasn't nice at all, just getting constantly abused by Saints fans sitting nearby and surrounded by Albion fans hurling the same back at them, I won't go back there in a hurry.

I wasn't at St Mary's but I think most of the stuff that goes on between fans is pretty inoffensive and even entertaining. The added spice contributes to an atmosphere and gets our own supporters going. Maybe I've just been lucky (in recent years) not to have encountered anything particularly shocking, just banter. I still think we should have sold those three blocks first ... then the "occasionals" could have had the SW corner.

gotaspareticket

Jul 3, 2011
I have a SWC ST and wanted to go behind the goal. I was told they can't commit those seats to ST's because of the potential need to provide the larger away fan proportion required for Cup games.

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
I have a SWC ST and wanted to go behind the goal. I was told they can't commit those seats to ST's because of the potential need to provide the larger away fan proportion required for Cup games.

Oh OK ... for some reason I thought they were allocating the extra for Cups into the East and not the South

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard
I wasn't at St Mary's but I think most of the stuff that goes on between fans is pretty inoffensive and even entertaining. The added spice contributes to an atmosphere and gets our own supporters going. Maybe I've just been lucky (in recent years) not to have encountered anything particularly shocking, just banter. I still think we should have sold those three blocks first ... then the "occasionals" could have had the SW corner.

It can be entertaining, usually if you're winning. regardless there are people who prefer that and people who want to avoid it, and selling those seats last doesn't really help

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here