[Music] Sort of NSC Themed Gig in Lewes on Saturday, Profits to Ukraine Appeal

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Evening all.

Yes I do have [MENTION=6886]Bozza[/MENTION] 's permission for this.

On Saturday night at Lewes Con Club (conveniently after the game) there is a gig by a new band called Quatermass III supported by Artificially Yours with Pete Wiggs from St Etienne DJing. The band feature Gordon King (ex World of Twist and Earl Brutus), Andy from The Dials (the band that [MENTION=263]zefarelly[/MENTION] is in) and my brother, sound engineer and Brighton fan. Mark Riley gave them a plug on 6 last night.

Not only will it be a stonking good night of music but any profit made will go to the Ukraine humanitarian appeal (which I'm donating to to pay for this advert).

Details - https://www.lewesconclub.com/events/quatermass-iii/

Thank you please.

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
No idea Zefarelly was in a band…might have to start sucking up to him, just in case he becomes famous

Those days have been and gone a long time ago!

I was a famous racing driver once too :lolol: harry_lmc.jpg

jakarta

May 25, 2007
Sullington
:lolol:

Funny you say that, I've raced with.a few pop stars.

I'm sure Nick Mason of Pink Floyd stuffed his Ferrari into the scenery at the Goodwood Revival a few years back.

I think his comment was the royalties from DSOTM that year would cover the repairs...:lolol:

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
Ooh, do tell! Have you ever raced with Mr. Bean?

Yes but not in Bean mode, only in RA mode, very nice man, shy.

Nick Mason doesn't race, his daughter HOlly does, have raced with her, and her husband drives, one of the Franchittis.

Chris Rea, Howard from take that, probably a few others I've forgotten.

Since it all got very corporate about 8-10 years ago its more tv celebs, **** chefs and the like

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Unsticking this.

Thanks to anyone who came as a result of this. Incredibly tight band given it was a first gig and a nice little venue too. Probably the first time Lewes has seen a a band in Devo style space suits to boot.

I'll endeavour to find out how much was raised, but noticed that there's another Ukraine benefit at the same place next week, if you're local.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Unsticking this.

Thanks to anyone who came as a result of this. Incredibly tight band given it was a first gig and a nice little venue too. Probably the first time Lewes has seen a a band in Devo style space suits to boot.

I'll endeavour to find out how much was raised, but noticed that there's another Ukraine benefit at the same place next week, if you're local.

Unusual for an early @GB post?

How’s the hangover? :wink:

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Unusual for an early @GB post?

How’s the hangover? :wink:

I have had clearer mornings...

About to walk the puppy who still tends to need to empty his bladder and bowls early doors. Was certainly good to have a night of music and laughing to take my mind off the game though!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here