Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Sorry Lawro your time is up…..

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Vicente still for me. JP is getting there and better and better with each game but not right up there just yet. Mitoma better overall IMO…

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
He’s amazing. I’m not old enough to comment on Lawro or other Albion legends But he’s still not ahead of Dunk, Caicedo or perhaps MacAllister in recent times imo
Or Groß but does the OP mean ‘best’?

‘Great’ has a different meaning to ‘best’. Lawro or Pedro are quite clearly neither.

You need a shit load of appearances to be our greatest. These appearances MUST be at the top level. It’s between Dunk and Groß for that title.

Super Steve Earle

Feb 23, 2009
North of Brighton
Joao Pedro is the greatest player to ever pull on an Albion shirt ⚽

Within 5 years he will be lauded as truly ’World Class’, something which Lawrenson was robbed of due to injury.
Phew. I thought as it was you posting, you meant Lawro's time on earth!

Gabbafella

Aug 22, 2012
He's fast becoming my favourite Albion player, not only for his goal scoring but his work rate is unbelievable, he gives 100% every single game, gets back in defence when under pressure and then pops up to bang in goals.
He's not Zamora or Murray status for me (yet) but he has the potential to be an Albion legend, especially if he keeps up his European form.

BevBHA

Jan 23, 2017
Or Groß but does the OP mean ‘best’?

‘Great’ has a different meaning to ‘best’. Lawro or Pedro are quite clearly neither.

You need a shit load of appearances to be our greatest. These appearances MUST be at the top level. It’s between Dunk and Groß for that title.
It’s unclear regarding the OP. But if it’s regarding our ‘greatest’ legend as per the post I would say it’s almost certainly Dunk. League 1 to Europe, had chances to leave but didn’t and he’s taken our club through the levels as the only ever present.

Strong shout for Murray for what he did for us in our league 1 promotion season, championship promotion season and getting the goals to keep us up the first season or 2.

Big shout for Gross I agree, for being our most consistent premier league player and clearly our best Premier League era signing. Guaranteed 7/10 every week at least! And the number of goal contributions he’s totted up over the years is scary.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014

Within 5 years he will be lauded as truly ’World Class’, something which Lawrenson was robbed of due to injury.
Although within five years it will probably be for someone else.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing

Big statement.

I think Lawro was considered world class particularly when alongside Hansen.
Wasn’t/isnt Caicedo and MacAllister considered world class? They probably are in their respective countries.

As for Joao Pedro, incredibly talented and really hope you’re right, and he’s still with us in 2 years……

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
He’s amazing. I’m not old enough to comment on Lawro or other Albion legends But he’s still not ahead of Dunk, Caicedo or perhaps MacAllister in recent times imo

He does have the potential to exceed them all though.

EDIT - or Vicente
Not sure Vicente should be considered in terms of Albion alone. Agree with the rest.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
We're halfway through a season in the top flight and he already has 15 goals. Are we looking at 30? A good number are penalties but he's won a chunk of those himself.

JP is so consistent - I don't think I've seen him have a bad game for us. He can't be far away from getting a start for Brazil.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here