Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Songs You Can't Turn Off Half Way Through

simon swagbag

Jul 8, 2003
Eastbourne
I've just been sitting in the car outside my house for the last five minutes because as I pulled up I Am The Resurrection by The Stone Roses was only into verse 3.:guitar:
It would have been criminal to cut it off there & then, with so many good bits still to come. I had to let the song finish before getting out.
So I was wondering, what songs have a similar effect on you? Bohemian Rhapsody would be another I guess, you can't flick that one off before the rock bit then the gong!punk:

Lincoln Imp

Feb 2, 2009
Peter Gunn by Duane Eddy. If it comes on when you're driving it is impossible not to be going 20 miles an hour faster by the time it ends.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Love Will Tear Us Apart

tinycowboy

Aug 9, 2008
Canterbury
One of my sons turned off "I am the resurrection" after the "fake" ending. He knows better now. I remember the whole family sitting in the drive because "There is a light that never goes out" was only half way through.

Kumquat

Mar 2, 2009
Loads to be honest. IE all my favourite songs. There's one song though and i can't remember what it's called but it's got some pale girl crying throughout. Wish I could turn that off.

stripeyshark

All-Time Best Defence
Dec 20, 2011
Good shout! You can't leave that one before the strange voice sings "please turn me o-ver."
What about Up The Junction by Squeeze? It tells a story, you know how it ends but still you have to see it through.

Yeah this is another one for me. Vincent by Don McLean is another.

Vegas Seagull

Jul 10, 2009
Most of the above songs are pretty similar from start to finish so dipping out doesn't lose much.....to stop me in my tracks I need the best bit at the end
i.e 'W'ont Get Fooled Again' where you HAVE to wait for the iconic scream 8 minutes in

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here