songs that overwhelm you with melancholy joy

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
What was your band called, Badfish? Or were they called Badfish? I like to listen to the support bands, but the odds are always stacked against them.

My band were called Worldswirl (a worse early 90s name I cannot think of). We were three (occasionally for) long haired shoe gamers who thought we were ride. We did headline occasionally too.

Try this, I have posted both because I couldn't in all honesty say that the Walker Brothers cover "spanks" the original by Tom Rush as the other thread says. There is a Tom Rush version with virtually the same arrangement as the Walker Brothers so they may have cribbed the orchestral version from him as well.

or for the Tom Rush original in acoustic style.

Trivia fans, guitar solo on the Walker Bros. version by Alan Parker, born in that hot bed of rock'n'roll, Matlock, Derbyshire.

tinycowboy

Aug 9, 2008
Canterbury
My band were called Worldswirl (a worse early 90s name I cannot think of). We were three (occasionally for) long haired shoe gamers who thought we were ride. We did headline occasionally too.

I loved shoegaze - I had all the guitar pedals. The thrill of turning them all on and hearing the whoooosh of noise....still like doing it now. There is a film that's supposed to have been coming out for years now called Beautiful Noise all about the scene. I'll be in the queue when it does. Is there any Worldswirl on the net?

Tarpon

Sep 12, 2013
BN1
Did someone say shoegaze?

CorgiRegisteredFriend

May 29, 2011
Boring By Sea
It was only a matter of time before the boy Gedge made an appearance

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
By
I loved shoegaze - I had all the guitar pedals. The thrill of turning them all on and hearing the whoooosh of noise....still like doing it now. There is a film that's supposed to have been coming out for years now called Beautiful Noise all about the scene. I'll be in the queue when it does. Is there any Worldswirl on the net?

I will look out for that film, sounds great. It was a great scene I loved playing gigs and supporting visiting bands.

No worldswirl on the net but I was just singing one of our songs and it got me thinking about digging our our demos and putting them on sound cloud to see how they sound.

Were you in a band?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here