Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Songs that make you go Aaaarrgh!!!!

Gullet

Feb 8, 2004
Bevendean
What songs do you hate so much that you dive for the off button as soon as they come on the radio?

For me it has to be that annoying piece of garbage "Frankie" by Sister Sledge, closely followed by the teeth grinding "Dancing in the Moonlight" by Toploader. Both songs should have been destroyed at birth.

Oh, and also ANYTHING by the woeful warbler Mariah Carey....................Aaaaaaarrrrgh......pure torture.:nono:

Set of Tracksuits

Oct 27, 2003
Leicester
"Young at Heart" by the Bluebells. Oh my God it makes me want to cut off my ears from the very start when that violin starts playing.

I feel all agitated now just thinking about it.

Cian

Jul 16, 2003
Dublin, Ireland
Anything by The Streets,

However, Tipsy by J-Kwon usually results in me pulling the power cord on my radio/TV and not just muting it.

Barnet Seagull

Luxury Player
Jul 14, 2003
Falmer, soon...
House of Pain - Jump Around
Nirvana - Smells like teen spirit
Free - All Right Now

Toploader - agreed.

pretty much anything by Celine/Whitney/Mariah

The coors
Bananarama

I could go on

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
Set of Tracksuits said:
"Young at Heart" by the Bluebells. Oh my God it makes me want to cut off my ears from the very start when that violin starts playing.

I feel all agitated now just thinking about it.
Weird you should mention that. I had to write a headline about Kirsty Young, and my inspiration got as far as 'Young at Heart'. So it has been sitting in my head for a few hours. Jeez, I really need a headcrap now.

Mariah Carey / Celine Dion / Whitney Houston are beyond contempt. They can't sing, their voices are as graceful as flying shit, and they do it far too loud. Carey's version of 'Without You', itself a great song with a tragic history, really should not have been done - and if I ever meet her, I will stick my fist as far down her throat as I can put it. If only for that travesty - but unfortunately she is guilty of several more.

I also hate the current rendition of 'It's My Life'. Talk Talk's original was f***ing BRILLIANT - as indeed was much of their output - but whoever the cow was that did the cover of it should keep quiet forever. Painful.

And finally for now, 'Why Does It Always Rain On Me?' Because you're such-an-inoffensively-bland-craphat-outfit-that-it's-offensive-in-itself-type combo. That's why.

Last edited:

Cian

Jul 16, 2003
Dublin, Ireland
The Large One said:

I also hate the current rendition of 'It's My Life'. Talk Talk's original was f***ing BRILLIANT - as indeed was much of their output - but whoever the cow was that did the cover of it should keep quiet forever. Painful.

Gwen Stefani. Well, No Doubt in theory, but shes the singer.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here