Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Songs that could be turned into songs for us. Obscure anthems

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
It occurs to me that it would be lovely, not necessary, but lovely if we expanded our songbook. What would you like to be acquired? I have bloody loads of possibilities that with some relevant lyrics would smash it. Unfortunately I appreciate that this is not how it works. So let this be an autistic thread. As this is what it is :LOL:

Here is my first offering. Lyrics? Be clever. Can you see the light? As far as the eyes can see.......

Zeberdi

Brighton born & bred
NSC Patron
Oct 20, 2022
Not very obscure but absolutely has to be appropriately one of our own Brighton boys, Boring Bob and the Piranhas singing Tom Hark

Why aren’t we belting this out from the terraces?

“The whole thing's daft, I don't know why,
You have to laugh, or else you cry,
You have to live or else you die,
You have to laugh or else you cry.”

Last edited:

Cotton Socks

Skint Supporter
Feb 20, 2017
It occurs to me that it would be lovely, not necessary, but lovely if we expanded our songbook. What would you like to be acquired? I have bloody loads of possibilities that with some relevant lyrics would smash it. Unfortunately I appreciate that this is not how it works. So let this be an autistic thread. As this is what it is :LOL:

Here is my first offering. Lyrics? Be clever. Can you see the light? As far as the eyes can see.......

I can't remember the words to GOSBTS, I'm not going to remember that! :lolol: @mejonaNO12 aka riskit needs to find some lyrics to fit the 'I'm gonna send him to outta space, to find another race' bit on this, slow and simple. Obviously if it's sung it will be sped up to the speed of the 'I'll take your brains to another dimension' part so there's a flaw in my plan!

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green

Pre-match songs need to change and the sound booming. PBOBE said they are going to improve the speakers.

Louis MacNeice

Dec 7, 2015
'Blue and white for life!' to the tune of Iggy's 'Lust for Life'.

Somebody more talented can sort out lyrics for the verses.

Cheers - Louis MacNeice

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
Oddly, I was thinking about this yesterday.

Has anyone ever owned Get Back by The Beatles? Got to be something in there.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Oddly, I was thinking about this yesterday.

Has anyone ever owned Get Back by The Beatles? Got to be something in there.
Football crowd would struggle with the opening note. I was amazed how much trouble the lad on my left at Ajax struggled with the opening to GOSBTS. And he was pwoppa nawty!

Mr Bridger

Sound of the suburbs
Feb 25, 2013
Earth
Anyone who’s been to see SLF will know when this starts they’re ready to come out onto the stage. Would love to hear this at the Amex as a build up.

Jack Straw

I look nothing like him!
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton. NOT KEMPTOWN!

Bright eyes -> Brighton ?

Brighton, passion like fire.
Brighton, Bellotti's been shown the door.
Love you for ever, give up on you never, support you for evermore, Brighton.
All together now,...

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex

“For 13 years we’ve been living next door to Palace”
“Palace? Who the f*** are Palace?”

tronnogull

May 17, 2010
I know this isn't quite the sort of thing you had in mind, but......
Songs need to be to tunes which are easy to remember and to sing.
One tune which would be easy to sing and very appropriate for Brighton is.......' Oh we do like to be beside the seaside '. If someone could come up with some decent words for this one we could have our own unique song.

Oh we do like to be beside the seaside,
We do like to be beside the sea.
With Solly on the wing,
And Fati doing his thing,
Follow De Zerbi.

Oh we do like to be beside the seaside,
We do like to be beside the sea.
And thanks to Tony Bloom
We now have lots of room,
At the Amex, with De Zerbi.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here