Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Music] Songs that are allegedly classics that you REALLY dislike

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
Whitesnake? David Coverdale. From Redcar? Legendary American Anthem? Tremendous care and attention went into the curation of that anthology. ???

(But you're certainly not wrong).

:) Not much gets past you.
I didn’t actually know Whitesnake came from England though, every day a school day :D I think this song probably sold more in the States.

When my youngest lad was about 3 years old, we drove past a chap had a very similar look to someone in Whitesnake/ Bon Jovi etc, the lad said to me “ look a man with ladies hair” :lolol:

GREASED WEASEL

Dec 10, 2017
I Will Survive - Gloria Gaynor. Absolutely bloody hate it.

Possibly down to living opposite a pub that had karaoke every Friday and Saturday night and hearing it murdered by various drunken bints who thought they could sing at least twice every week for about 5 years.

Very good shout

For some reason the French seem to have adopted it also

Tom Bombadil

Jul 14, 2003
Jibrovia
I hadn't realised how pale and interesting so many on NSC are. You might have thought that time would have mellowed them, but no they're still sat in the corner reading a copy of NME from 1986.

Jul 7, 2003
this won't make me any friends on here but Sweet Caroline is ****ing ****. As is Don't Stop Believing, btw

Another that really suffers from being over played. I’ve always preferred this version

Sultans of Swing being mentioned is interesting as the studio version is pretty dull but the live version on Alchemy has a totally different energy.

Seasider78

Nov 14, 2004
Madonna - Like a virgin
Queen - bicycle race
Stevie wonder - signed, sealed delivered
Diana Ross - ain’t no mountain high enough
Dolly Parton - working 9-5

Randy McNob

Now go home and get your f#cking Shinebox
Jun 13, 2020
surprised Springsteen hasn't had a kicking yet

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
I hadn't realised how pale and interesting so many on NSC are. You might have thought that time would have mellowed them, but no they're still sat in the corner reading a copy of NME from 1986.

1981. Come on!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here