Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Song/Ukraine solidarity for tomorrow

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead
So email exchange with PB this evening:
Apparently clubs have to have Ukrainian players to show their support for Ukraine.
And what right do I have to question the moral leadership of the Club?
So the Club haven’t even slightly misjudged the situation.

I would also be interested in seeing the entire exchange with Barber. On the face of it the club has lied but I would like some proof.

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
Add the embarrassing and downright pitifully ignorant response to the crushing episode after the Palace game, it feels like the club are not on a good roll at the moment with their judgements.

What was the “crushing episode after the Palace game”?

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
When the villa player scored, didn’t he have Ukrainian slogans written on his undershirt?

It was reported that he did and he got dogs abuse from brighton fans in the corner.

No one knew what he had on his shirt, it was written with a bloody sharpie. He’d just scored and he and his team mates giving it large celebrating right up to the stand. Barely any abuse at all given at most other ground he’d have enough pound coins thrown at him for a piglets pie and a Harveys meal deal…

rippleman

Oct 18, 2011
I would also be interested in seeing the entire exchange with Barber. On the face of it the club has lied but I would like some proof.

This.

Brighton Rocker - do you have it in black and white from Barber that supporting Ukraine is a "political gesture"? I think it's really important to have this clarified so we know the club's view on the matter.

Nobby Cybergoat

Jul 19, 2021
You could argue that this is a political gesture or not.

But visibly demonstrating the club's support for Ukraine is the right thing to do. If Barber is hiding behind regulations, I won't be very impressed

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
I don't think we need PB.

This club has extrodinary organisers and activists amoungst our fans, just look at what we did in getting rid of Archer and getting planning permission for Falmer. I think fans will step up and (hypothetically) paint the Amex blue and yellow at the next home game.

A4 sheets of the Ukranian flag given out on the concourses?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here