Jul 4, 2003
To the tune of Achy Breaky Heart.

We've got Knockaert
Anthony Knockeart
I just don't think you understand
He only cost a mil
He's better than Ozil
We've got Anthony Knockeart.

(don't tell anyone, but this song was sung for Dimitri Payet originally and we copied it......Some of our fans don't like that.)

Leicester sang it for him way before Payet arrived on these shores. It was 'Don't sell Knockaert, Anthony Knockaert, I just don't think you understand, cos if you sell Knockaert, Anthony Knockaert you'll have a ****ing riot on your hands'.

Chinman3000

Sep 28, 2011
How about was a compromise we all learn/sing this instead?

Nous avons Knockaert , Anthony Knockaert ,
je juste ne pensez que vous comprenez .
Il ne coûte que 2 mil , il est mieux que Ozil ,
nous avons Anthony Knockaert .

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
How about was a compromise we all learn/sing this instead?

Nous avons Knockaert , Anthony Knockaert ,
je juste ne pensez que vous comprenez .
Il ne coûte que 2 mil , il est mieux que Ozil ,
nous avons Anthony Knockaert .

#JeSuisKnockaert

Are we going all out for the French theme now? The only one I can think of, apart from Joe Le Taxi, is Frère Jacques :D

Gilliver's Travels

Peripatetic
Jul 5, 2003
Brighton Marina Village
I think many songs get started and develop at away games, where the Albion contingent is smaller and people can more easily hear what's being sung (in terms of new efforts).

Oxford away, with only 600 tickets, might be ideal. Not that I expect Knockaert to play. And expecting everyone to know the entire tune to the Marseillaise, as opposed to just that end bit, may be hoping for too much. I think if I was AK, and I heard loads of Albion fans singing my national anthem, I'd be deeply touched (and perhaps less likely to consider a lucrative move to the North East, let's say). Be great if we could pull it off, but it'll be tricky....
Absolutely, Edna. Here's hoping that this can still take off, because it's such a fantastic song for us all to sing. And if the clearly emotionally attuned AK hears it and decides to stay,so much the better.

And there's no need to lose that ex-Paddy McCourt, line dancing anthem Achy Breaky Heart, is there! Surely, with a player of Anthony Knockaert's standing, and reputation, there HAS to be room for TWO songs, no?

If the away crew can get it going at Oxfoird, that'll be fantastic. But I'm especially looking forward to hearing The Knockaert Marseiilaise bellowed out by Albion fans as AK scores another - just to rub it in - at Newcastle!

We really can do this!

Postman Pat

Jul 24, 2007
Coldean
Leicester sang it for him way before Payet arrived on these shores. It was 'Don't sell Knockaert, Anthony Knockaert, I just don't think you understand, cos if you sell Knockaert, Anthony Knockaert you'll have a ****ing riot on your hands'.

Ah if we are using that version, Paddy McCourt had that sung for him by Celtic in May 2012. Leicester 'copied' in August 2013....but it seems Man Utd can claim this one about Ji Sung Park in 2010.

http://www.claretandhugh.info/the-complete-history-of-the-dimitri-payet-song/

HAILSHAM SEAGULL

Nov 9, 2009
Re Kayal, Noël, Noël was once suggested: why not stick with that? It's easy.

Kayal, Kayal
Kayal, Kayal
Albions king from Israel

Could not be simpler.

Edited for you Edna

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
While we're scratching around for songs, how this for a Hughton ditty from Wenger via The Football Ramble:-

'You do know what you're doing
you do know what you're doing'.

:lol: :dunce: :lol:

CP 0 3 BHA

Nov 28, 2003
Northants
To the tune of Achy Breaky Heart.

We've got Knockaert
Anthony Knockeart
He only cost a mil
He's better than Ozil
We've got Anthony Knockeart.

(don't tell anyone, but this song was sung for Dimitri Payet originally and we copied it......Some of our fans don't like that.)

I'm pleased to see what the 4th and 5th line actually are because a combination of my hearing,, the north stand's poor elocution and the acoustics up in WSU have defeated me so far.

That said, they're disappointing aren't they?

Could I suggest the following? (probably too late now!)

We've got Knockaert
Anthony Knockeart
We've got Knocheart
He tears teams apart
Coz he's the best winger in the land

bristo

Apr 8, 2010
East Preston
Now it gets interesting. All available evidence suggests that for a player song to take off with a football crowd, it needs to be: –

1 A tune that’s really well-known, and easy to sing

2 Short, with simple words that are easy to learn

3 Not too fast, so that the words are heard clearly

4 Player’s name prominent, and clearly heard

5 Bonus ball – especially relevant to the player’s attributes, and nationality

Hence the popularity of “Who’s that man from Argentina?” And of course, “That’s Zamora!”
With all that in mind, the Knockaert Marseillaise ought to work. While “Achy Breaky Heart” might provide more of a barrier to widespread adoption.

However, as we all know, in order to succeed at the Amex, any new song needs to be blessed, anointed and adopted by the North Stand Song Tribunal.

So I’m sure we’ll be hearing no more of that pesky foreign Marseillaise down Falmer way any time soon!.

So maybe for Kayal:-
Kayak sera sera,
Mix with him and you're history,
He tackles so mightily,
Kayak sera sera.

Obviously to the tune of the old Doris Day song if you are old enough to remember it.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here