Someone please tell me what was the point...

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

thealbionfan

Oct 6, 2003
in starting with Carole and Dickinson last night?? We only started playing when they both came off...or am I wrong?

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
in starting with Carole and Dickinson last night?? We only started playing when they both came off...or am I wrong?

Maybe just trying a different combo to shake things up at home to see if it somehow magically clicked? Which is fair enough. Tho when it patently wasn't working, he left it later than he should have to bring Murray on. IMHO like.

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
I think you're wrong, if that helps. I agree, they conspired to make themsleves look rubbish for large parts of the game. But we still attacked, we didn't concede, and we kept Huddersfield at bay all over the park.

Oh, sorry, IMO of course.

Binney on acid

NSC Patron
Nov 30, 2003
Shoreham
Actually it worked. We have to get eradicate the inevitability of a home defeat mentality.By not attacking until we bought Murray on, we didn't get caught on the break, and didn't get the chance to capitulate. We were never chasing the game. It was crap to watch, but a 0:0 has to be better than being 'entertained' by a game that we lost in the first 5 minutes.

Paynaldinho

May 4, 2008
lets be honest not a lot has really worked this season.you cant blame Poyet for trying out new things.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Actually it worked. We have to get eradicate the inevitability of a home defeat mentality.By not attacking until we bought Murray on, we didn't get caught on the break, and didn't get the chance to capitulate. We were never chasing the game. It was crap to watch, but a 0:0 has to be better than being 'entertained' by a game that we lost in the first 5 minutes.

On the other hand, Huddersfield didn't look capable of catching us on the break. Their forward play just didn't look anywhere near threatening enough.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Just confirmed the crap he has to coach can't cut in the third tier of English football. Now for the future! I'll buy the ticket through the tunnel if he wants. As for Dickinson, more effort attempting to get the ball instead of watching where the defender is all the time might help. Frankly the guy is talentless as a footballer.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Can't speak for carole but the last time we won at home was also Dickinson's last start at home (v rushden & diamonds, dicko got two that day - murray didn't play).

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
Frankly the guy is talentless as a footballer.

Bollocks, we tried using him as a target man which he is not but to call him talentless is just plain wrong

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
How about "untalented"?

fleet

Jul 28, 2003
Dicko - big lad to provide supply for Holroyd? Carole - no idea at all (that is both I have no idea why he started and he has a player has no idea at all!)

strings

Moving further North...
Feb 19, 2006
Barnsley
Dickinson clearly has been well rated at other clubs. I wonder if we are using him wrong.

We tend to use him as a target man, as we did with Owusu and to a lesser extent with Gifton Noel-Williams. Should we be trying to play the ball into Dickinson's feet more instead?

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Should we be trying to play the ball into Dickinson's feet more instead?

But...without wishing to be too critical...he hasn't generally shown to be any more talented with the ball at his feet than he has in the air.

"Tuesday night, 6 yards out with only the keeper to beat" springs to mind.

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
How about "untalented"?

Nope
A player whose goals helped his team get promoted, a player who moved for a big fee, a player who then went on loan and scored goals in our league, a player seen by Slade as worth a not insignificant fee, a player who has scored goals for us this season (and could have scored on Tuesday night but for a good save), a player seen by Poyet as worth a start in the last 2 games is not in any way to be classed as 'untalented' or 'talentless'.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
How about....."void of talent"?

"detalented"?

"sans talentez"?

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Bollocks, we tried using him as a target man which he is not but to call him talentless is just plain wrong

OK I apologise, perhaps he's good at, say knitting, but as forward, then no.

upthealbion1970

bring on the trumpets....
NSC Patron
Jan 22, 2009
Woodingdean
am i alone in thinking we actually played some decent football against the same team who hammered us 7-1 only a few short months ago? GP has now decided to change the starting 11, it plainly has not been working lately so he chopped and changed it a bit, and starting with 2 wingers gave us a much more balanced midfield and it showed, i'm pretty sure i'm not alone in seeing this?

or maybe i should just resign myself to the fact that the majority of the negative moaners on here didn't actually go on tuesday?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports