Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Some thoughts.

Jul 5, 2003
Polegate
I don't understand. Even the other year when we lost 12 on the bounce i don't seem to remember feeling this pissed off. Our most consistent player (although some would argue that to be Harding:jester: ) has cleared off, and MM is getting nothing of the fee to boost our squad. Today, Leon misses a penalty, the first of his Albion career. The Falmer saga goes on. The atmosphere at Withdean seems to get shitter each week. We can't seem to put a decent run together. Not one of our players can even hit the bloody cross-bar! Nothing seems to be going right.

However, I've decided it's time for a reality check.
We all know is going to be a bloody difficult fight for Falmer, and it's going to take the sale of players and the kind donations of many of this clubs great fans in order to keep us alive. WHEN we get Falmer it will be fantastic. But it's not as easy as 1-2-3. Or 4-4-2. It takes some effort from everyone. We certainly aren't Chelsea with one persons cash doing all the talking.
Look at our current situation in the league. We are not in the relegation zone! Where do people expect us to be with no money and no ground? Would you rather we were getting beat by Rochdale on a Freezing cold wet winters night? Didn't think so.

We are Bloody luck to be in this division, FACT. Without a last minute goal from Virgs, and some shit finishing by Mooney, we would be playing the likes of Torquay and Brentford. When Gurney hit the post, he didn't give us just great day out in Cardiff. He gave us a whole seasons worth. Would you rather be lazing around on a saturday afternoon in January after we've been knocked out of the Cup by some crap side in the first round, or singing GOSBTS with 4399 others at White Hart Lane, watching us take on Internationals like Defoe and Robinson? Seems an easy choice to me. Visiting Ground like Elland Road and Upton Park, or Griffin Park?

You see, sometimes i think we've been spoilt in the last few years. We must remember we're not going to win every game, and accept the fact that to be where we are today is a GOOD thing. We've beaten teams like Leeds, West Ham and Leicester. We may lose to teams like Crewe, but that's what being a football fan is all about isn't it?

We will get Falmer, but it will take a great deal of patience. Who knows which division we will be in by the time it's built, or when the verdict is even given? Either way, we'll still be Albion fans, and we'll still all love this club. Get used to it.

If we go down, so be it. If we don't, fantastic. But either way we'll have seen a great deal of effort from the fans, players, management. That's something to be proud of.

As the great MA once said, Keep the Faith. And when we get Falmer, you'll know all this has been worth it.

:clap2:

Last edited:

Love the way you drew them in with those opening pars :clap2: :clap2:

Jul 5, 2003
Polegate
bnc said:
Don't go all embarrassed WW - he was talking about my post!!!!:lolol:

:lolol:
It needed to be said though, some people need to remember just how far we've come.

Supporting the Albion, don't you just love it!

Schrödinger's Toad

Nie dla Idiotów
Jan 21, 2004
Fair assessment, but the more and more we head into the shit, with Falmer seemingly as distant as ever, it just gets more depressing. Ah well, some day ...

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
Withdean Wanderer said:
:lolol:
It needed to be said though, some people need to remember just how far we've come.

Supporting the Albion, don't you just love it!

that's why my signature says what it does.

Keeping the faith here :clap2:

Bobby's Gull

DAFT Bint
Jul 6, 2003
Bed
Nicely put WW.

Sometimes it's bloody hard being an Albion fan especially when you're soaked, freezing at crappy Withdean, and knowing we're absolutley skint and some narrow minded freaks are trying to kill our football club off but sometimes when the Albion run out to GOSBTS I think back to Hereford and what Albion fans fought for back then and I feel really proud. Feel proud that we've still got our local team to support, that fact that we're still playing football after everything.

I love being a Brighton fan.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Top posting WW.
I just LOVE the fact that we are rubbing shoulders with the likes of Leeds, Forest and Coventry in the table, and looking out for Forests results hoping they have lost so they stay BELOW us...to be honest, its not inconceivable that we could have been in Rotherhams position in the table, basaically doomed before Christmas. But we've hardly been in the bottom 3 all season, and we're still 5 points clear of the drop zone.

The situation off the field is depressing and frustrating, but ON the pitch, its bloody marvellous. Given our circumstances, it is an absolute privilege to be playing in this division, and I am savouring every minute of it.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here