Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Some b*****ds nicked our van

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
I know I don't swear on here very often but really.

Our lovely mini van was taken. From off our drive. In the evening. While we were at home!

It's a right bastard when that happens.I still couldn't believe it when someone nicked my car.I walked around the roads thinking i might of parked it elsewhere when i new i was clutching at straws.Later found burnt out up in the north east.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
I'm sure or we would have noticed the dent in the bus stop the other side of the road.

Sorry to have been glib. Thats some really crappy news.
Did you rely heavily on it ? I was withour a car for nearly a week recently, and it was like I'd lost a limb. I had to walk everywhere, like a poor person.

JJ McClure

Go Jags
Jul 7, 2003
Hassocks
I managed NOT to get my car stolen the other week which was a miracle considering I left it in a hospital carpark in Brentwood for 5 hours with the keys still in the ignition. I won't be doing that again :ohmy:

seagull_special

Jun 9, 2008
Abu Dhabi
We had our camper van stolen from near Lewes in July, reported it stolen and informed the insurance company like you do. We then waited to see what would happen, two weeks later we received a call from the police saying the vehicle had been recovered, great we thought and for the next six weeks we rang the police about three times a week to get an update, the policeman dealing with it never responded and we got fobbed off time after time, we finally went down to the police station to be told that the officer was on a week long training course(not bloody rapid response, i can assure you) and there was anot a single policeman to deal with our complaint meanwhile an insurance investigator investigated the case and recommended to the insurance company that we be paid out. The insurance company said we can't be paid cos it has been marked as recovered. We contact police again, they say that someone contacted and said they bought our camper and he went to apply for papers from DVLA and they informed him it had been reported stolen. This guy bought it with no keys and no papers from the lay bye and was then surprised to find it was stolen. The DVLA us contacted saying they were going to issue new log book to this guy as the vehicle had been marked as recovered. You can't do that we said, yes we can they said so we contacted the insurance company and they put a block on it. The police then informed us that the guy who bought was refusing to let the police see the vehicle and there was nothing they could do to force him too. The police would not reveal the buyers name to the insurance company, so the whole situation stalled. We were advised to pursue the insurance company for the payout by a solicitor so we rattled off a letter. The insurance company then informed us they were sending another investigator to talk to us in person. so he came to the house. He informed us he had the buyers details and had been trying to contact him. he tried to contact him on his mobile and he answered, he was very cagey and did not want to talk to the investigator!!!. The investigator suggested that the insurance company make an offer to the buyer to get the vehicle back, we said no way, we don't know what condition vehicle is in and don't want to see this guy compensated for buying a very our camper, so still we wait. Thepolice have plummeted in my estimation and the best thing was when somebody rang up to see how happy we were with the police investigation, I let go with both barrels.

m20gull

Jun 10, 2004
Land of the Chavs

Attachments

• 129 smaller.jpg
    129 smaller.jpg
    34.9 KB · Views: 126
Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here