Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Solly March Today

Albion Robster

Jul 21, 2003
North West
His best display in the stripes shirt yet.
End product has vastly improved this season. Adding goals to his game now.

If he keeps up this level of performance and consistency then the Premiership clubs will be circling in January.
The next question, how much would allow March to be sold for? Personally I would not sell anything less than £5 million. Better prospect than Dunk and now regularly representing his country for the under 21's.

tigertim68

Sep 3, 2012
Great game , looking a really good player , we just need to turn his excellent play in to goals

TSB

Captain Hindsight
Jul 7, 2003
Lansdowne Place, Hove

If he keeps up this level of performance and consistency then the Premiership clubs will be circling in January.

With Demarai Gray, Matt Phillips and Tom Ince in this division, I don't think they will.
And we don't sell anyway.

Albion Robster

Jul 21, 2003
North West
With Demarai Gray, Matt Phillips and Tom Ince in this division, I don't think they will.
And we don't sell anyway.

Good point.
Gray - hooked off in second half.
Ince - Released by Liverpool. Seems very inconsistent.
Phillips - Premiership experience and scored goals in the higher division. Probably command a higher fee than Solly.

TSB

Captain Hindsight
Jul 7, 2003
Lansdowne Place, Hove
Good point.
Gray - hooked off in second half.
Ince - Released by Liverpool. Seems very inconsistent.
Phillips - Premiership experience and scored goals in the higher division. Probably command a higher fee than Solly.

I do think Solly has similar potential to all three, but that they'll all be in higher demand than him in January.
Gray will be gone. Ince will stay put. Phillips? Dunno. Solly'll still be here.

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
I've given him 10/10 on the ratings thread. Just tore them to shreds, his set-pieces were on the money and he scored a lovely goal. Faultless display

It was't quite faultless, so I'm toying as to whether to give him 9 or 9.5. Not sure I've gone that high before.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Outstanding.... The premier sides will be banging on the door soon

The downside to any fantastic performance. Along with his talent; his age and nationality make him a very attractive proposition. He'll get a lot of airtime on channel 5 tonight. Oh well - the secret is out.

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways

The next question, how much would allow March to be sold for? Personally I would not sell anything less than £5 million. Better prospect than Dunk and now regularly representing his country for the under 21's.

£5m! Can I request that you keep away from transfer ins and outs :thumbsup:

Wellesley

Jul 24, 2013
An absolute masterclass of wing play from someone so young. Jaw-dropping.

Dick Swiveller

Sep 9, 2011
Someone seems to have flicked a switch and given him his confidence back as he is back to and better than the player he was before his injury. He used to look petrified of a tackle but seems to have nearly overcome that. There were a couple of times in the first half when he didn't back himself and was looking for an easy ball back to Bruno when it looked like getting physical but these are becoming fewer and fewer every game. Getting a kick is part of a wingers lot and he still looks like he needs a good meal and a few sessions in the gym when compared to the defenders he is up against. If he carries on the way he is at the moment, we will be fighting off a lot of interest in January.

GoingUp

Aug 14, 2011
Sussex By The Sea
Yeah what a game today, if he can play like that consistently then he help could push us to promotion. Him and Bruno seem to be on the same wavelength. Bruno wasnt far behind him in being MOTM.

Trelford Mills Guide Dog

Jun 14, 2008
Solly was absolute class all match. The reverse pass to Bruno in the 2nd half was sublime.
I thought Murphy was fantastic too, as was Kayal.
Can't believe we only scored 2
Happy days ! :)

fleet

Jul 28, 2003
Astonishing to switch from "why the hell cant he get a cross in the box" to "why the hell cant anyone get on these wonderful crosses"

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here