[Albion] Solly March, local lad and Premier League star, is f***ing brilliant

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
Players do look on here. Time to change the title?
If they do, and he did, maybe that’s why he’s suddenly started scoring?!! Regardless, well played again Solly - the finishing was all that was needed and it’s brilliant he is

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
March is easily a top contender for pots. He is just so consistent
Completely agree, but I worry if he lacks the exotic factor of an Ali Mac or a Mitoma. He's a part of the furniture (in the best possible way).

Ooh it’s a corner

Aug 28, 2016
Nr. Coventry
So much is about confidence. It’s clear RDZ likes him(GP did too tbf). I put on the match thread how that goal he scored v Saints has done him the world of good. I was actually confident he would put that shot away last night because he looked calm and confident. Well done Solly!

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
At the risk of sounding like a broken record, I've said that all the time midfielders are scoring, the mythical 20-goal-a-season striker noise goes away. The fact that traditionally goal-shy Solly March is getting in on the act – as well as all the others – is just the cherry on the icing on the cake.

Earlier in the season, someone on here (I don't have the time, nor the will, to find out who) was worried about who would replace Maupay's goals; someone else said 'What about when Welbeck gets injured?' The past few games have shown what the answers are to those questions :smile:

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Now starting to fulfil the talent that he has always had. The two goals have been fantastic and he has also added shitehousery to his repertoire.

Delighted for him, I think De Zerbi is bringing the best out of him. I remember RDZ giving him a couple of shoves in the first traning session when he arrived, it seems to have ignited him :thumbsup:

Dick Swiveller

Sep 9, 2011
At the risk of sounding like a broken record, I've said that all the time midfielders are scoring, the mythical 20-goal-a-season striker noise goes away. The fact that traditionally goal-shy Solly March is getting in on the act – as well as all the others – is just the cherry on the icing on the cake.

Earlier in the season, someone on here (I don't have the time, nor the will, to find out who) was worried about who would replace Maupay's goals; someone else said 'What about when Welbeck gets injured?' The past few games have shown what the answers are to those questions :smile:
9 goals in 3 games with no Welbeck, a sulking, out of sorts Trossard and next to no Ali Mac. Not bad, is it?

amexer

Aug 8, 2011
Now starting to fulfil the talent that he has always had. The two goals have been fantastic and he has also added shitehousery to his repertoire.

Delighted for him, I think De Zerbi is bringing the best out of him. I remember RDZ giving him a couple of shoves in the first traning session when he arrived, it seems to have ignited him :thumbsup:
Have always felt a good defender but poor attacker. But are we seeing a new March under this manager. Actually saw last night him beating fullback on outside and crossing with right foot.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Vote early, vote often

Albion my Albion

NSC Patron
Feb 6, 2016
Indiana, USA
This. Was a stunning goal, but like an equally stunning New Guinean bird of paradise that’s got lost on an air current and appeared on these shores, it will never (never) happen again and it’ll be back to crows and wood pigeons tomorrow - which are the Row Z of the Ornithologist world.

Where does this one sit on the Ornithologist scale?

1672931929382.png

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports