Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Solly March, local lad and Premier League star, is f***ing brilliant

Jul 7, 2003
Another quality chance goes begging…

He made the chance by really attacking the ball - no way can you call it a quality chance that went begging. I'm not a huge Solly fan but some of the comments on here are just people looking for an excuse to criticise him.

DanRedman

Mar 18, 2014
Solly has played really well these first few games, sure no goal has come from his chances but he's looking dangerous and taking up some great positions. Stick with him and hopefully the goals and assists will come

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
If Solly scores the goal that sends the Albion top of the Premier any true Brightonian would explode in their pants

And anyone who doesn't want that to happen isn't a real Albion supporter

FACT

Husty

Mooderator
Oct 18, 2008
If Solly scores the goal that sends the Albion top of the Premier any true Brightonian would explode in their pants

And anyone who doesn't want that to happen isn't a real Albion supporter

FACT

When did I say I don’t want that to happen?

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
Has cost us 5 points so far this season, the sooner he is sold the better..

Wouldn’t have counted. Would gone to VAR and been cancelled. However, Solly cannot score there’s no doubt about that. He does brings lots other qualities however as several managers selection attests. Question is can we find better all things considered? Perhaps not, which is why he’s in the team. As said, he’s in the team for other reasons more than ability to score which loads others can be similarly accused of eg Lallana

albionalex

Feb 26, 2009
Toronto
Wouldn’t have counted. Would gone to VAR and been cancelled. However, Solly cannot score there’s no doubt about that. He does brings lots other qualities however as several managers selection attests. Question is can we find better all things considered? Perhaps not, which is why he’s in the team. As said, he’s in the team for other reasons more than ability to score which loads others can be similarly accused of eg Lallana

Our signing of Cucerella would suggest yes. Hopefully Pervis develops into a similar level of player.

J2 BHA

Jul 28, 2004
What a polarising set of views on this thread!

Had a discussion about Solly after the game on Saturday. Roughly 50/50 in terms of who in my group thinks Solly is worth his place but unanimous in seeing a lack of end product that has been with him since the outset, their also seemed a common view that he tries 100% and is clearly great at executing a role that his manager wants him to which sees Potter favour him.

Reading some of the vitriol on here from the Albion fans who are rooting for Solly is a bit sad in my opinion.

I have had a real downer on some of the players we’ve had over the years but it doesn’t mean I’m less of a Brighton fan and, reading this thread, to see some people question fellow supporters just because they’re calling out Solly’s lack of end product is baffling but I appreciate I’m only basing this on the debate 6 of us had (where we collectively agreed he has a long standing lack of end product)

I guess what I’m saying is…surely it’s possible to want a player to do well but accept that they have their shortcomings? Doesn’t seem to be much middle ground reading the majority of comments on this thread so far, he’s either terrible or untouchable

For what it’s worth, I find his lack of end product frustrating but also see what he brings to the team and wouldn’t want to see him dropped.

albionalex

Feb 26, 2009
Toronto
What a polarising set of views on this thread!

Had a discussion about Solly after the game on Saturday. Roughly 50/50 in terms of who in my group thinks Solly is worth his place but unanimous in seeing a lack of end product that has been with him since the outset, their also seemed a common view that he tries 100% and is clearly great at executing a role that his manager wants him to which sees Potter favour him.

Reading some of the vitriol on here from the Albion fans who are rooting for Solly is a bit sad in my opinion.

I have had a real downer on some of the players we’ve had over the years but it doesn’t mean I’m less of a Brighton fan and, reading this thread, to see some people question fellow supporters just because they’re calling out Solly’s lack of end product is baffling but I appreciate I’m only basing this on the debate 6 of us had (where we collectively agreed he has a long standing lack of end product)

I guess what I’m saying is…surely it’s possible to want a player to do well but accept that they have their shortcomings? Doesn’t seem to be much middle ground reading the majority of comments on this thread so far, he’s either terrible or untouchable

For what it’s worth, I find his lack of end product frustrating but also see what he brings to the team and wouldn’t want to see him dropped.

Welcome to the internet.

slimes

Aug 23, 2011
cheltenham
He was the reason we lost so many games in February and March.. soon as we dropped him .. we beat Arsenal... its like playing with 10 men when he plays..

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
He was the reason we lost so many games in February and March.. soon as we dropped him .. we beat Arsenal... its like playing with 10 men when he plays..

Is it that no one noticed or responded to your first post you need to throw in another cutting a little bit deeper this time? Clowns always seek attention I guess.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Thank god he didn’t cause the two very avoidable Fulham goals. If he had:

96A74B8F-08D2-4E2A-A822-4E43ED926E5E.png

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here