[Albion] Solly March, local lad and Premier League star, is f***ing brilliant

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
Check out the company he keeps....

View attachment 151234

Strange ignore list. Would be interested why I'm on it but obviously you won't see this post. The ignore list is like sticking your fingers in your ears and shouting 'la la la'.

Oh .... I really don't care that I'm on your list. "Don't tell him your name Pike".

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Strange ignore list. Would be interested why I'm on it but obviously you won't see this post. The ignore list is like sticking your fingers in your ears and shouting 'la la la'.

Oh .... I really don't care that I'm on your list. "Don't tell him your name Pike".

Genuinely, I thought of you as one of the good and intelligent guys, bizarrely on THE LIST (come the revolution).

Your crime …. once upon a time did you dare comment on Corbyn or Abbott unfavourably?

monty uk

Sep 25, 2018
Why not simply ask Welbeck to give him some intense one-on-one coaching? With Sanchez helping out.

March is a pro footballer, he has the skill. It's coolness under pressure he lacks. But then I'm not a PM manager.

Couple of weeks and this could all be sorted out.

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
Genuinely, I thought of you as one of the good and intelligent guys, bizarrely on THE LIST (come the revolution).

Your crime …. once upon a time did you dare comment on Corbyn or Abbott unfavourably?

I suspect it's more do with me voting leave !

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
What about Webster missing a bunch of headers yesterday and otherwise? If Solly needs to be dropped for missing chances, Adam needs to be sent to Gulag.

This is obviously a silly thread, but Solly had several chances that were far more presentable than Webster's.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
The move when he was clean through had so much footballing skill and incident. A great block on Leeds' shot, Welbz holding it up in classic number nine stylee inside his own half, Gross with perhaps the best pass you'll ever see at The Amex, March showing he does have pace in his locker (and intelligence) and Meslier realising March had taken a slightly heavy penultimate touch and closing down the shot instantly. If I was still coaching there'd be about five things in that short passage of play that I could use as examples of doing things brilliantly. And I'd focus in on March's run and pace as a good thing. He did a huge number of things right in that move to be foiled by a fractionally heavy touch and great keeping. If I was coaching I'd just want him to to keep taking the risks of the run and shot.

Mr H

Mar 8, 2012
LA
Lots of "interesting" opinions on this thread, but the only one that has any credibility is, not here of course, that of one Graham Potter

Husty

Mooderator
Oct 18, 2008
Lots of "interesting" opinions on this thread, but the only one that has any credibility is, not here of course, that of one Graham Potter

Fascinating contribution, thanks.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
3-2 home win against Bolton a few years ago, Just off the top of my head.

Bolton? :lolol:

And then there was that goal he scored in one of our home friendlies years ago.....

He's scored four goals and got ten assists in our PL history. That's fewer than a goal a season and two assists per season.

But.....he is in the form of his life just now and is keeping Lamps out of the RWB slot justifiably. There's much more to a team game than end product. Let's none of us think that he's Brighton's answer to Son though.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here