Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Solly March, local lad and Premier League star, is f***ing brilliant

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard
He had knee surgery in Feb 2021 after getting injured against Liverpool but was back for pre-season for the 21-22 season, which is only 4-5 months out max. That doesn’t fit with recovery time for an ACL injury.
Ah yeah, my mistake. Most sources do just refer to a 'knee injury' whereas the Athletic has it as a 'torn meniscus' - so the same injury Enciso has. https://theathletic.com/4202103/2021/08/22/brighton-tie-solly-march-to-new-three-year-contract/

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
Really gutted, he has been in the form of his life. Long layoffs when you're pushing 30 aren't great

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Meniscus and ACL done for Solly. Very long time out, having op this morning ☹️

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Where'd you this, Sheebs?
Don’t really wanna say on here tbh (yes that sounds twattish I know but…) but it’s def true I’m afraid ☹️

Tbf it’s what everyone assumed when it happened to a degree - I know I thought ACL straight away myself.

golddene

Jul 28, 2012
This is devastating news for the poor lad as if he hasn’t had enough bad fortune with knee injuries in his past. Pray he makes a full and speedy recovery and his career goes from strength to strength. He’s been in the form of his life and this must be shattering news for the young man. Please get well soon Solly you are going to be sorely missed until your return. Everyone on here is behind you and rooting for you.

Molango's visa

Molango's visa
Sep 7, 2007
London, UK
Meniscus is nothing at his age. I was skiing a week after I had mine done age 27. ACL however can be repaired but it may need moving some ligament in from another part of the body, or using carbon fibre. I need mine done but at my age the standard treatment is 'f*** off'. Are we sure what injury Solly has?

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
He doesn’t do half measures with his injuries. Bad news for him and the team, he was playing brilliantly.

ozzygull

Oct 6, 2003
Reading
Meniscus is nothing at his age. I was skiing a week after I had mine done age 27. ACL however can be repaired but it may need moving some ligament in from another part of the body, or using carbon fibre. I need mine done but at my age the standard treatment is 'f*** off'. Are we sure what injury Solly has?
I had my ACL and MCL replaced after a bike acciented about 5 years ago, It took months to get better, the best advice I can give anyone is just follow the physio instructions religiously even if it hurts, because it does work.

Obviously Solly will be receiving the best advice, hopefully it's not to bad and as he get better quickly poor lad.

Mancgull

Nov 28, 2011
Astley, Manchester
Unfortunately this is what I assumed the moment he fell to the ground on Saturday after no contact.
Just as we see Jakub come back from a bad one, Solly suffers from one.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
I did my ACL playing football at aged fifty. Horrible bloody injury.

I got back to playing again after a year, but I'm terrible now. Strange thing is, I was even worse before the injury.

For poor Solly, at his age and given the level at which he plays and demands of the game in the top flight, I fear the worst. I hope not, but at 30-years of age, it is going to be a very tall order to come back from that injury.

On the upside, he has done it before, so he knows what's required to come back.

Motogull

Todd Warrior
Sep 16, 2005
What a miserable start to the week. Poor Solly. We can only hope for the quickest and fullest recovery for him.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
Unfortunately this is what I assumed the moment he fell to the ground on Saturday after no contact.
Just as we see Jakub come back from a bad one, Solly suffers from one.
Much as I prefer to be positive, I can't realistically see Moder coming back anytime soon even if he may be physically fit enough to train with the senior squad. Not kicking a ball for 18 months must have a serious impact on your technical ability.

Albion my Albion

NSC Patron
Feb 6, 2016
Indiana, USA
When Mr March (Albion calendar idea maybe) is much older and in a wheelchair in a pensioners' home he can think fondly of his time in the Premier League and wonder if it was all worth it. Most of us won't be alive then.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here