Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

So who won't be going to the Aston Villa game?

SirDouglasLoft

Jul 4, 2008
I'm washing my hair that day. I can't really be f***ed. Would prefer a league away game, anyday.

Last edited:

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
:wave:Me! Perfect timing - 5 days ago booked a flight to Thailand departing on Jan 22. I mean, we never do round four do we?:facepalm: Maybe my friend Eddie will put the game on in his bar...Besides, I did Villa v Brighton in the 70's when we were rivals.

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
90% sure I'm not going to be there. I'm meeting a friend the week after, in Darlington. We'll be taking in the Newcastle vs Cardiff game on the friday night, and then Darlington vs Rotherham on the saturday. I had to beg to get that weekend off work, so I can't ask for this day off. If it so happens that I am off, I'll give it a bash and would love to go. But if not, then so be it.

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
:wave:Me! Perfect timing - 5 days ago booked a flight to Thailand departing on Jan 22. I mean, we never do round four do we?:facepalm: Maybe my friend Eddie will put the game on in his bar...Besides, I did Villa v Brighton in the 70's when we were rivals.

Know the feeling mate. I was on holiday for the Southampton away game a couple of months ago. Couldn't find one pub showing the game!:down:

rcf0712

Out Here In The Perimeter
Feb 26, 2009
Perth, Western Australia
Somewaht predictably, no. I will have to track down a pub with Setanta (presuming they show it live and it's not a late kick off?). This would mean 2 "live" games (albeit watched on telly) this season having seen none for 15 years. I know it's a plastic fan's wet dream away at Villa but I'm not one of them, rather a genuine fan living on the other side of the planet so I for one am very excited about this draw.

simon195

Sep 11, 2007
whats all the excitment about playing villa ? a thrashing awaits the albion, i mean lets face it we struggled against lowly torquay. so god knows how manny villa will put past us, ok its a money earner for the club, but thats about all, and your get all the usual stay away fans suddenly coming out the woodwork for the staus of the game, shame on you i say !!! it will almost certainly be live on tv... still its day out i suppose

whats all the excitment about playing villa ? a thrashing awaits the albion, i mean lets face it we struggled against lowly torquay. so god knows how manny villa will put past us, ok its a money earner for the club, but thats about all, and your get all the usual stay away fans suddenly coming out the woodwork for the staus of the game, shame on you i say !!! it will almost certainly be live on tv... still its day out i suppose

I seem to remember a league one team recently just beating non league opposition in the previous round, to then go on and beat the current premiership champions in the following round......

I WILL be there

xenophon

speed of life
Jul 11, 2009
BR8
I get home the day before (it it's played on the Saturday), wild horses won't stop me going. I'm hoping there'll be plenty of tickets for white members (cue race related joke).

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
I'd like to go - it's a nice ground and we'll possibly be given enough tickets to satisfy demand. If Villa take Albion lightly and play their reserve team, we might have a chance.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here