Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] So who was there for the CULTURE?

How would you sum up your cultural experience of Amsterdam?

• I increased my IQ by at least 20

Votes: 11 25.0%
  • About 50/50

Votes: 7 15.9%
  • I need a new liver and brain

Votes: 26 59.1%

• Total voters

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Nice burger place along with others for lunch after arriving yesterday, wandered about a bit, pre-match beers near but not in Dam Square
Post match frankly too tired to go into town, hotel was a 5 min walk from the ground so had a couple of drinks and some food there, plenty of Albion in the bar
Late breakfast today, junior and I walked around a fair bit (got wet obvs), looked at various undercover options and decided to do BodyWorks or whatever it’s called, then did a canal cruise before having a surprisingly fantastic Chinese meal and then heading for the airport
Perfect couple of days 😀

rigton70

Jul 5, 2003
Hard techno at Club Roots last night. The place is new since I last went out in Amsterdam. Can’t remember owt about it but it must have been good because I didn’t take any photos.

Rush Hour had a really good Fela Kuti exhibition on Wednesday. Album artworks and that. One of the guys who works there did it. They’ve added a toilet downstairs now, so you can basically stay all day. Which I almost did every day. And then afterwards this morning I stumbled across Zap Records on my way to Waxwell. Wasn’t really in the mood for digging but they were both brilliant.
Did you visit the banana bar.

WhingForPresident

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2009
Marlborough
I am at the windmill place at the moment, wife went to Rijksmuseum while I was recovering, did the wine and cheese canal tour yesterday and I've eaten at least 30 bitterballen- fairly cultural I reckon.

jackalbion

Aug 30, 2011
I think the Good Friday Agreement was Null and Voided in Slainte Irish Bar in De Wallen on Wednesday night. An educational experience for sure.

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai
Part of the deal from my son's school was that he has to present on Monday about his trip, and it has to include a museum. I took him on a barge trip on Friday morning and then to Anne Frank. It was actually worth it as he was learnt quite a bit
As someone who missed Saturday morning school on 21st May 1983, this educationalist supports the flexibility of the school. :)

jackalbion

Aug 30, 2011
Heineken Experience consisted mostly of my friends heckling the tour guides, and hogging the interactive exhibits prohibiting a queue of children behind from using them. Telstar was great though.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
If you did whores, skunk, booze, wank booths and some class A’s then you’d need quite a few galleries and museums to even that up.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
We (courtesy of my son), created a walking tour of Amsterdam, over the two days we walked 31 miles 😧…..

Obviously, stopped for refreshments 😉, visited Anne Frank’s home, Van Gogh museum amongst others….

Last edited:

South Stand Bonfire

Who lit that match then?
NSC Patron
Jan 24, 2009
Shoreham-a-la-mer
New brain and liver for me. Three days of bars and football with some great friends. Mainly though because I did a 3 day trip in January this year and did all the cultural stuff then.

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009
We had a week long University field trip to Amsterdam.

Really - who would take a bunch of students to Amsterdam and expect them to actually learn anything course related??
My partners school were going to take a bunch of rugby lads on a tour to Amsterdam in their last year of school, a few weeks before going the School finally saw sense and cancelled it to her relief. I can't even imagine what was going through the organizers head.

jackalbion

Aug 30, 2011
We had a week long University field trip to Amsterdam.

Really - who would take a bunch of students to Amsterdam and expect them to actually learn anything course related??
Did exactly the same at my university, not entirely sure what it had to do with Transport & Logistics but it was enjoyed.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
M
If you did whores, skunk, booze, wank booths and some class A’s then you’d need quite a few galleries and museums to even that up.
As a cultured soul, I always have some credit for this.

jackanada

Jul 19, 2011
Brighton
This taken from right outside a bog I took advantage of.
Must win highest shit taken in central dam.
Yes I am claiming this as culture.
20231110_115956.jpg

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
Van Gogh Museum, canal trip and the rest of the time other than when under the roof at the game, moaning about the rain, trying to dodge the rain or trying to get dry after getting soaked

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here