NSC Patron
Apr 13, 2015
Mac for me... but 'Cheerful' Pascal a close 2nd

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Messi was superb but Biss just controlled with ease the midfield. He is such a laidback superb player, he will go on to be a top top player far beyond this league. A true super star. Simply the best midfielder I've seen in any team for years. He creates so much time for himself its unreal AT EASE

Edit God knows what he'd be like in a GOOD team!!

Wilka

Nov 18, 2003
Burgess Hill
Gross was outstanding. A real 10/10 performance. He doesn’t get the praise he once did but he’s quietly been our most important Premier League player since we came up. He might be slow but he never stops and covers so much ground.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
I voted for Mac but it could well have been Gross - I couldn't really separate them.

It's been a long time since I saw two Brighton midfielders dominate a game like they did tonight

I voted Trossard but could of been 5 of them. Only voted Trossard as he was the all important match winner. Some of our play and passing was sensational. 2nd best performance of season for me as I think the man u performance was as good as I've seen considering the opposition and even thinking about it now,still can't believe we lost that game!

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
I voted Trossard but could of been 5 of them. Only voted Trossard as he was the all important match winner. Some of our play and passing was sensational. 2nd best performance of season for me as I think the man u performance was as good as I've seen considering the opposition and even thinking about it now,still can't believe we lost that game!

I certain that stupid extra time decision and goal giving United victory cost us a few results and really damaged our confidence..,

This will boost it

fruitnveg

Jul 22, 2010
Waitrose. Veg aisles
Mac for me, Gross and Biss (though i'd give it to all three if i could). Trossard, Veltman and Solly for honourable mensions. Even appreciated Maupay's contribution, which feels like the first time in forever.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Loved how many Cruyff turns he did in the match!! You KNEW when he was about to do them also, could call it before he did it :smile: Don't teams watch our games and realise that's his trademark?!!

Onto the MOM, MacAllister..........................just. They were all 'pretty' good

Totally agree, the Cruyff turns made me chuckle as they just kept coming. Also, the commentator said at one point “and there’s Pascal Gross motoring through the midfield again” - this also made me chuckle.

Gross was my MOTM but I can’t argue against Mac either. And it feels churlish to even pick out a single player as so many were playing so well and with ease.

Motogull

Todd Warrior
Sep 16, 2005
Bissy did a tremendous job of doing all the dirty work. Spurs, man for man, were physically bigger than us and I thought everyone 'stood up' well to them and were not outmuscled. Bissy took the most and wasn't knocked off the ball once. It would have been a very different game without him.

The only Spurs player to catch my eye was Højbjerg.

Monkey Man

Your support is not that great
Jan 30, 2005
Neither here nor there
Can't remember such an impressive performance from Gross in recent times. A brilliant display from a player I suspect is a very good professional even when not picked for the team or squad.

R. Slicker

Jan 1, 2009
Gross has done brilliantly, it wasn't long ago he seemed completely out of the reckoning and he's worked his way back into the team. Class.
Chuffed for Trossard who has had a bit of a beating on here recently. Harsh IMO.
But SuperMac takes MoM for me.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Bissy did a tremendous job of doing all the dirty work. Spurs, man for man, were physically bigger than us and I thought everyone 'stood up' well to them and were not outmuscled. Bissy took the most and wasn't knocked off the ball once. It would have been a very different game without him.

The only Spurs player to catch my eye was Højbjerg.

Højbjerg has a habit of catching a lot of players with his boot.

Peter Grummit

Oct 13, 2004
Lewes
I've noted Gross. He is so slow, physically, but at least twice as fast as any Tottenham player, mentally. And so deft. It was a classic Gross performance, and there he is at the end running his old people's home socks off.
Agree 100%.

Groß for that lung busting run and inch perfect pass to Connolly. Should have been the perfect denoument to another Mourinho Amex Arse-handing.

Sent from my SM-A105G using Tapatalk

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
Spurs fans unhappy that Hojberg and Ndombele got ankle/foot knocks. Don’t seem to realise that when you constantly put your foot in on players you might just get it back. Biss, Maupay and Mac excellent in that respect. Stood their ground and refused to be intimidated.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
Spurs fans unhappy that Hojberg and Ndombele got ankle/foot knocks. Don’t seem to realise that when you constantly put your foot in on players you might just get it back. Biss, Maupay and Mac excellent in that respect. Stood their ground and refused to be intimidated.

I have to say that Mac seems to have adapted to the physical side very quickly, March seems to have got more physical year on year and even Tross will give it his best attempt. I was worried that we weren't physical enough, but the last few games we certainly seem to have 'upped it'.

We seem to have got back that midfield bite of Stephens/Kayal that we've been missing, but at a far higher level :thumbsup:

Change at Barnham

Aug 6, 2011
Bognor Regis

If I could give this a 'Like' more than once, I would.

Højbjerg and Ndombele are like the big kids at school that were shaving when they were 15 and you only ever bounced off when trying to tackle to them.
Yesterday Ali Mac, Bissouma and Maupay never backed down once and left the 'big boys' battered and bruised.
It was a crucial battle that I wasn't expecting us to win.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here